Re: Size of icons and preview of windows

=?Utf-8?B?dGhlIGR1ZGU=?=

Re: Size of icons and preview of windows
I have run into the same problem with the "Show Windows previews
(thumbnails)" being grayed out did you ever find an answer?

"Qui" wrote:

> Right-click the desktop. Click "View". You can then choose between medium,
> large or classic icons.
>
> Right-click the taskbar. Click properties. Click the first tab "Taskbar".
> Put a checkmark next to "Show Windows previews (thumbnails)".
>
> Oddly enough it worked for me in 5384. Now the option is grayed out so I
> can't enable it.
> Supposedly because my video card suddenly isn't powerful enough.

> "www8" wrote in message...
> > Hello,
> > I've got two question:
> >
> > First, How can I resize a desktop icons ? For me, they're too big.
> >
> > And second, in Beta 2 (build 5384) there was a feature, which showed a
> > small
> > preview of a window, when you put mouse arrow on name of this window in
> > Taskbar. This was really nice and helpful, but now in RC1, I can't find
> > this
> > option. In Beta 2 it was even default.
> >
> > I'm sorry, if a description of a problem isn't enough good, but English
> > isn't my native language.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Wojtek

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Size of icons and preview of windows
It's one of the new Aero features that displays thumbnails of running programs when you hover the mouse pointer over the application icon in the Taskbar. If your graphics card is not Aero compatible, this option becomes disabled.

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com