Vista defrag SUCKS

Spaz

Vista defrag SUCKS
It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it gives
no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.

I'M PISSED!

Vash The Stampede

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:02:05 -0800, Spaz wrote:

> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it
> gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.
>
> I'M PISSED!

You don't need to know all that! You're just the User.
BChat

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
All you need to know is Diskeeper 2007 for Vista

"Vash The Stampede" <Trigun@2AM.cn> wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:02:05 -0800, Spaz wrote:

> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it
> gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.
>
> I'M PISSED!

You don't need to know all that! You're just the User.

Hal9000

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
O&O Defrag 8.6

"BChat" <BChat@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> All you need to know is Diskeeper 2007 for Vista
>

> "Vash The Stampede" <Trigun@2AM.cn> wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:02:05 -0800, Spaz wrote:
>
>> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it
>> gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.
>>
>> I'M PISSED!

> You don't need to know all that! You're just the User.

Paula

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
I know...I hate it too!
Paula

"Spaz" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it
> gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.
>
> I'M PISSED!

Steve

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
That was my first thought as well.
LOL
Its, pretty drab isn't it.
Stevek

"Spaz" <yeah@right.com> wrote in message
> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it
> gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.
>
> I'M PISSED!

Travis King

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
Spaz wrote:
> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it
> gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.
>
> I'M PISSED!

It was like that in the betas also, and a lot of people disliked it back
then. MS never changed it. Supposedly, the reasoning behind that is
because Vista defragments your HD in the background automatically, so
there's supposedly no need for all that information. Do I honestly
agree with that, no, but that's supposedly it.
David Hayden

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
Perfectdisk 8 beats them all :-)

http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k

> O&O Defrag 8.6
>
> "BChat" <BChat@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> All you need to know is Diskeeper 2007 for Vista
>>

>> "Vash The Stampede" <Trigun@2AM.cn> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:02:05 -0800, Spaz wrote:
>>
>>> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag,
>>> it gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no
>>> statistics. I'M PISSED!

>> You don't need to know all that! You're just the User.

Ken Gardner

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS
"Spaz" wrote:

> It's slow, it gives no options, it gives no analysis before defrag, it
> gives no progress bars, it gives no results, it gives no statistics.

> I'M PISSED!

Vista's new memory management features (ReadyFetch and Ready) have
essentially rendered fragmentation non-existent as a performance issue.
Even so, Vista still automatically defrags your drives for you on whatever
schedule you set. You can still do it manually as well.

If you really want to speed up performance, don't waste your money on a
defragger. Buy more RAM, or even a flash drive that works with ReadyBoost.
And let Vista do what little defragmentation still needs to be done.

Ken

Ken Gardner

Re: Vista defrag SUCKS