Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?QmFydWM=?=

Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
I am about to buy a new computer but I am not sure I the softare that I have
compatible with windows 2000 & XP will work with no problems with the new
windows vista?

Can someone please give me an advice?....thank you
Robert Firth

Re: Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
It will probably be fine. Antivirus programs and other similar system
applications might not work, and some drivers, particularly for the 64 bit
version and older printer drivers may not exist. Other than that, you should
be fine.

Just be sure you meet the recommended requirements. The minimum requirements
are a little low if you want to be happy (800mhz processor doesn't cut it,
512mb memory is undesirable).

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Baruc" <Baruc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about to buy a new computer but I am not sure I the softare that I
>have
> compatible with windows 2000 & XP will work with no problems with the new
> windows vista?
>
> Can someone please give me an advice?....thank you

Dave B.

Re: Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
No way to tell without trying it. Maybe visit the mfg's website and see what
they say.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"Baruc" <Baruc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about to buy a new computer but I am not sure I the softare that I
>have
> compatible with windows 2000 & XP will work with no problems with the new
> windows vista?
>
> Can someone please give me an advice?....thank you

Paul Simon Sauer

Re: Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
some things will and wont work. your best bet is to use the Compatibility
mode for any chance at all.

right click the icon for any application, select the compatibilty tab, then
select the legacy OS you want.

it may or maynot work but give it a chance.

"Baruc" <Baruc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about to buy a new computer but I am not sure I the softare that I
>have
> compatible with windows 2000 & XP will work with no problems with the new
> windows vista?
>
> Can someone please give me an advice?....thank you

JohnB

Re: Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
Just installed office xp pro (2002 version) with no problems to date

regards
"Baruc" <Baruc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am about to buy a new computer but I am not sure I the softare that I
>have
> compatible with windows 2000 & XP will work with no problems with the new
> windows vista?
>
> Can someone please give me an advice?....thank you

margaretlee

RE: Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
Probably a little late to advise you, but I would say no, most are not
comatible with Vista. I wrongly assumed that whatever software I used with XP
would work on Vista, after all they are both Microsoft. No, none worked
totally, some, parts of them worked.

"Baruc" wrote:

> I am about to buy a new computer but I am not sure I the softare that I have
> compatible with windows 2000 & XP will work with no problems with the new
> windows vista?
>
> Can someone please give me an advice?....thank you

James Matthews

Re: Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
Try to run it in compatibility mode

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
"margaretlee" <margaretlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Probably a little late to advise you, but I would say no, most are not
> comatible with Vista. I wrongly assumed that whatever software I used with
> XP
> would work on Vista, after all they are both Microsoft. No, none worked
> totally, some, parts of them worked.
>
> "Baruc" wrote:
>
>> I am about to buy a new computer but I am not sure I the softare that I
>> have
>> compatible with windows 2000 & XP will work with no problems with the new
>> windows vista?
>>
>> Can someone please give me an advice?....thank you

AJR

Re: Can I use software for windows 2000 & XP with Vista?
Vista will run 2000 and XP "Microsoft Logo Certified" applications - Vista
uses "program the Compatability Assistant" in transparent mode to attempt
running problem apps - otherwise, as John suggests, use the Program
Compability Wizard. Check Vista Help and Support for information and
"how-to".