Windows Vista Ultimate Version vs Windows Vista Enterprise version

Debabrata

Windows Vista Ultimate Version vs Windows Vista Enterprise version
Hi,

We are planning to test and certify our product against the Windows Vista
Ultimate Edition but do not have the plan to test it against the Vista
Enterprise version as of now.

Can you please let me know, if certifying the product against the Vista
Ultimate edition guarantees that it will work smoothly with the Enterprise
version also? Can we claim that that the product will run well on both the
editions of Vista?
Will there be any issues going forward? If there are any issues is it
because of the differences in two editions or something else?

Please let me know. It is very urgent.

Thanks.
Debabrata

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance
AJR

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Version vs Windows Vista Enterprise version
The Ultimate version is a "complete" version - includes business and
multimedia items. The Enterprise version is strictly "business" and is only
available to Microsoft Enterprise customers and not via retail..

Difficult to provide more defintive information without knowing the
"product" involved.

"Debabrata" <Debabrata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to test and certify our product against the Windows Vista
> Ultimate Edition but do not have the plan to test it against the Vista
> Enterprise version as of now.
>
> Can you please let me know, if certifying the product against the Vista
> Ultimate edition guarantees that it will work smoothly with the Enterprise
> version also? Can we claim that that the product will run well on both the
> editions of Vista?
> Will there be any issues going forward? If there are any issues is it
> because of the differences in two editions or something else?
>
> Please let me know. It is very urgent.
>
> Thanks.
> Debabrata
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

Debabrata

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Version vs Windows Vista Enterprise ver
Hi AJR,

Ours is an ETL tool operates on the large data set for extraction, transform
and loading into the different database as well as storing the transformed
data into files. Our application has some reporting capabilities also.

In this scenario do you think that it is sufficient to test and certify our
product with Windows Vista Ultimate Edition only So that it can run smoothly
for the customers who uses the Enterprise edition?

We are not sure about the differences between Ultimate and Enterprise
edition. At this moment testing on the enterprise edition also not included
in our plan. So any suggestion in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Debabrata

"AJR" wrote:

> The Ultimate version is a "complete" version - includes business and
> multimedia items. The Enterprise version is strictly "business" and is only
> available to Microsoft Enterprise customers and not via retail..
>
> Difficult to provide more defintive information without knowing the
> "product" involved.
>
> "Debabrata" <Debabrata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are planning to test and certify our product against the Windows Vista
> > Ultimate Edition but do not have the plan to test it against the Vista
> > Enterprise version as of now.
> >
> > Can you please let me know, if certifying the product against the Vista
> > Ultimate edition guarantees that it will work smoothly with the Enterprise
> > version also? Can we claim that that the product will run well on both the
> > editions of Vista?
> > Will there be any issues going forward? If there are any issues is it
> > because of the differences in two editions or something else?
> >
> > Please let me know. It is very urgent.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Debabrata
> >

> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Vista Ultimate Version vs Windows Vista Enterprise version
Hi,

Enterprise is nothing more than a large volume version of Business, designed
for use in medium to large corporations. If the application tests ok under
Ultimate, it should be fine as the operating system core for both is exactly
the same.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/