Error: Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....

=?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?=

Error: Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....
So, on certain mpg files, i get this error when it tries to bring up a thumb
image. Same thing when i encode an file to a dvd mpg2 file, i get this error
allt he time. ANyone have any idea why this is happening. I read some where
that it was because of movie studio 9 + 10 +, but i uninstalled those and no
long on this system. SO why am i still getting this error with mpgs. Its not
all mpgs, just certain ones and my dvd mpgs

thanks
=?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?=

RE: Error: Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....
So, i figured out what the prob was. It was nero showtime. I uninstalled all
nero products and reinstalled the latest nero whcih fixed the error problem.
It no longer shows up, prob now is there is no thumb on the dvd mpg2 files. I
know its something int he regestery. Can anyone help?

thanks
=?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIEdyYXk=?=

RE: Error: Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....
I was having the same issue. After reading through the forums, I tried all
of the suggestions and still kept getting the error. Well, after then reading
the volumes of log files that Vista creates, I found the offender:
lmpgspl.ax. This is the Ligos mpg filter. I searched online for it and
found that it frequently causes problems. It is located in the
Windows\System32 directory. Go there and find that and the other two related
ax files. Simply unregister them and viola! Problem solved. I can now
browse with large icons to directories that have mpg files without error. I
even get the thumbnails. DVD Maker also works. What a pain.

"tdawg" wrote:

> So, i figured out what the prob was. It was nero showtime. I uninstalled all
> nero products and reinstalled the latest nero whcih fixed the error problem.
> It no longer shows up, prob now is there is no thumb on the dvd mpg2 files. I
> know its something int he regestery. Can anyone help?
>
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?bGFuYQ==?=

RE: Error: Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....
im new to using my computer, but im having the same problem, i dont know
where the directory32 is or how to unregister lmpgspl.ax. can anyone point me
in the right direction?

"George Gray" wrote:

> I was having the same issue. After reading through the forums, I tried all
> of the suggestions and still kept getting the error. Well, after then reading
> the volumes of log files that Vista creates, I found the offender:
> lmpgspl.ax. This is the Ligos mpg filter. I searched online for it and
> found that it frequently causes problems. It is located in the
> Windows\System32 directory. Go there and find that and the other two related
> ax files. Simply unregister them and viola! Problem solved. I can now
> browse with large icons to directories that have mpg files without error. I
> even get the thumbnails. DVD Maker also works. What a pain.
>

> "tdawg" wrote:
>
> > So, i figured out what the prob was. It was nero showtime. I uninstalled all
> > nero products and reinstalled the latest nero whcih fixed the error problem.
> > It no longer shows up, prob now is there is no thumb on the dvd mpg2 files. I
> > know its something int he regestery. Can anyone help?
> >
> > thanks

Malke

lana wrote:
> im new to using my computer, but im having the same problem, i dont know
> where the directory32 is or how to unregister lmpgspl.ax. can anyone point me
> in the right direction?

As the others have told you, this is a problem with the Ligos codecs.
Here are steps to follow:

There are a couple of different fixes for this depending on what you
have installed on your system.

1. If you have Nero, update to the very latest version.

2. Unregistering the Ligos codecs (lmpgspl.ax, etc.). To do this, click
on the Start Orb and type "cmd.exe". Then right-click on Cmd and choose
Run As Administrator. You will see the cmd prompt. At the prompt, type:

regsvr32 /u lmpgsl.ax [enter]

You'll get a confirmation box saying the unregistration was successful.
Do this for every codec for which you get the error.

3. If after the unregistering you get an error that the codec can't be
found, log into an account with administrative privileges (you should
create at least one extra account like this for emergencies). Go to
Control Panel>Folder Options>View. Set the options to see all hidden
files. You'll get several *.ini files on the Desktop - ignore them
because you aren't going to use this account for anything but
emergencies - or you can go back to Folder Options and hide the
protected files when you're done.

Now go to C:\Windows\System32 and find the .dll for which you got the
error. Right-click on it and Rename to (ex.) lmpgsl.ax.bak. Log off and
by double-clicking on it now. You should not get the error any more.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
=?Utf-8?B?bGFuYQ==?=

Re: Error: Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....
thanks for replying, but i dont seem to have solved the problem. i tried to
unregister it, but it came up with this message:
the module "lmpgspl.ax. failed to load, make sure the binary is stored at
the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or
dependent DLL Files.
The specified module could not be found.

So, i changed the file name, but the error has not been corrected. Any more
ideas?

Also how do i see all the errors that are connected to this so i can try
and correct them? Like i said, im new to computers but i can follow
instructions, any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

"Malke" wrote:

> lana wrote:
> > im new to using my computer, but im having the same problem, i dont know
> > where the directory32 is or how to unregister lmpgspl.ax. can anyone point me
> > in the right direction?

> As the others have told you, this is a problem with the Ligos codecs.
> Here are steps to follow:
>
> There are a couple of different fixes for this depending on what you
> have installed on your system.
>
> 1. If you have Nero, update to the very latest version.
>
> 2. Unregistering the Ligos codecs (lmpgspl.ax, etc.). To do this, click
> on the Start Orb and type "cmd.exe". Then right-click on Cmd and choose
> Run As Administrator. You will see the cmd prompt. At the prompt, type:
>
> regsvr32 /u lmpgsl.ax [enter]
>
> You'll get a confirmation box saying the unregistration was successful.
> Do this for every codec for which you get the error.
>
> 3. If after the unregistering you get an error that the codec can't be
> found, log into an account with administrative privileges (you should
> create at least one extra account like this for emergencies). Go to
> Control Panel>Folder Options>View. Set the options to see all hidden
> files. You'll get several *.ini files on the Desktop - ignore them
> because you aren't going to use this account for anything but
> emergencies - or you can go back to Folder Options and hide the
> protected files when you're done.
>
> Now go to C:\Windows\System32 and find the .dll for which you got the
> error. Right-click on it and Rename to (ex.) lmpgsl.ax.bak. Log off and
> by double-clicking on it now. You should not get the error any more.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

=?Utf-8?B?bGFuYQ==?=

Re: Error: Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working....

Just thought id add this aswell, i did all the things you said malke, but i
still get the message. i got ligos by accident it was on free downloads or
something like that (a mistake ill try not to make again)Also i did have nero
installed aswell but have removed it now. Do i have to rename those files
awell? it indicates ligos in the error?

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: RunDLL32.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b0e1
Fault Module Name: lmpgspl.ax
Fault Module Version: 4.0.0.157
Fault Module Timestamp: 4497e991
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000166a
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 1624
Additional Information 2: 86df67de5c44988e3876f93cc14933ec
Additional Information 3: 93a5
Additional Information 4: 9c4004d2702c54f965d02d7a5675313d

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 346181406

ive got the same message about 15 times

Its just my luck, this is my first computer, ive only had a couple of months
and i seem to have messed it up already. Ive read through most of the post on
here and i can see its just not me having problems.

thanks