windows vista blue error screen after update

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRC4=?=

windows vista blue error screen after update
Hello. Today when i started up my computer it gave me a blue screen error,
and then restarted. I cant get the error code because my computer restarts
before i can see it.
I have automatic updates on and my computer downloads them and installs them
@ 2:30 every day. I am using Vista Ultimate, and im wondering if Microsoft
released an update yesterday that might have caused this error.

Thanks,
Chris
=?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?=

RE: windows vista blue error screen after update
ya, i delt with this with diong an update. HEres the problem, atleast for me.
UNPLUG your dvd burner or cd burner. Thats what the problem is. Atleast then
u will be able to get into vista but you wont be able to use any cd/dvd
burner internal or external. Pretty mcuh your screwed, the only way really to
deal with this is to do a fresh install of vista. When you do a fresh
install, leave the cd/dvd burner unplugged until you get the windows fully
installed. THen plug it in after everythign is done.

I tell ya, i had the same exact problem with ultimate. I dotn know why tho,
my brohter got it for his laptop and the upgrade ran fine. So, unless anyone
else has ideas how to do this, all i can tell ya is do a full install or just
go without a dvd burner

"Chris D." wrote:

> Hello. Today when i started up my computer it gave me a blue screen error,
> and then restarted. I cant get the error code because my computer restarts
> before i can see it.
> I have automatic updates on and my computer downloads them and installs them
> @ 2:30 every day. I am using Vista Ultimate, and im wondering if Microsoft
> released an update yesterday that might have caused this error.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

djbillyd's Avatar

djbillyd is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: windows vista blue error screen after update
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?dGRhd2c=?= View Post

"Chris D." wrote:

> Hello. Today when i started up my computer it gave me a blue screen error,
> and then restarted. I cant get the error code because my computer restarts
> before i can see it.
> I have automatic updates on and my computer downloads them and installs them
> @ 2:30 every day. I am using Vista Ultimate, and im wondering if Microsoft
> released an update yesterday that might have caused this error.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
Dude, if I unplug my cd/dvd burner HTF do install a fresh vista?
I have home premium. Is there some other fix for this? It's really pissing me off!