Why NOT to use Vista

x1a4

Why NOT to use Vista
Just some of the multitude and ever growing reasons not to use Vista.

Government agency tells schools to shun Vista
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9285414,00.htm

IBM will not use Windows Vista - but will move to Linux desktops
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/5436/

Long list of Vista bugs
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=402

Becta report slams Microsoft academic licensing, dismisses Vista
http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...report_sl.html

Vista is not an option

For a whole lot more visit
http://badvista.fsf.org/portal_facto...etRssID:list=2

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVWYWxtb250?=

RE: Why NOT to use Vista
so then go hang out in the xp newsgroups, or linux, or osx and convince
yourself time doesn't go by and you're better off clinging to the past.

It's a vista world in 2 days. you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

"x1a4" wrote:

> Just some of the multitude and ever growing reasons not to use Vista.
>

> Government agency tells schools to shun Vista
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9285414,00.htm
>
> IBM will not use Windows Vista - but will move to Linux desktops
> http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/5436/
>
> Long list of Vista bugs
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=402
>
> Becta report slams Microsoft academic licensing, dismisses Vista
> http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...report_sl.html
>
> Vista is not an option
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36653
>

> For a whole lot more visit
> http://badvista.fsf.org/portal_facto...etRssID:list=2

Roy Coorne

Re: Why NOT to use Vista
deValmont wrote:

> It's a vista world in 2 days. you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

In 2 years - not days!

rOy
=?Utf-8?B?b3p6aWFq?=

Re: Why NOT to use Vista
Roy - even two years sounds a tad optimistic; more like 3 or 4.

But yeah, sure, Microsoft wants that to happen NOW so they can start
recuperating their R&D $$$ spend on putting Vista together ...

"Roy Coorne" wrote:

> deValmont wrote:
> >
> > It's a vista world in 2 days. you will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

> In 2 years - not days!
>

> rOy

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Why NOT to use Vista
Any company releasing a new product wants it to do well..

"ozziaj" <ozziaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Roy - even two years sounds a tad optimistic; more like 3 or 4.
>
> But yeah, sure, Microsoft wants that to happen NOW so they can start
> recuperating their R&D $$$ spend on putting Vista together ...
>
> "Roy Coorne" wrote:
>
>> deValmont wrote:
>> >
>> > It's a vista world in 2 days. you will be assimilated. Resistance is
>> > futile.

>> In 2 years - not days!
>>

>> rOy

Roy Coorne

Re: Why NOT to use Vista

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:e8%23YbjtQHHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Any company releasing a new product wants it to do well..

Of course, Mike, of course - but not every company announces new
important features of the forthcoming product which are missing in the
final release, after five years of development..

Roy

> "ozziaj" <ozziaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Roy - even two years sounds a tad optimistic; more like 3 or 4.
>>
>> But yeah, sure, Microsoft wants that to happen NOW so they can
>> start
>> recuperating their R&D $$$ spend on putting Vista together ...

>>> In 2 years - not days!
>>>

>>> rOy

=?Utf-8?B?b3p6aWFq?=

Re: Why NOT to use Vista
.... and Microsoft is already talking about the need for Service Pack 1 - lol
.... slated for 3rd quarter this year ... anyone holding his/her breath??

"Roy Coorne" wrote:

> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:e8%23YbjtQHHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Any company releasing a new product wants it to do well..

> Of course, Mike, of course - but not every company announces new
> important features of the forthcoming product which are missing in the
> final release, after five years of development..

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Why NOT to use Vista
Vista is just one part of the Longhorn project.. the fact that some Longhorn
features are not present in Vista does not necessarily imply that the
features are dead.. Lonhghorn server is still very much alive..

"Roy Coorne" <roy.spam.coorne@gmx.net> wrote in message

> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:e8%23YbjtQHHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Any company releasing a new product wants it to do well..

> Of course, Mike, of course - but not every company announces new important
> features of the forthcoming product which are missing in the final
> release, after five years of development..
>

> Roy
>

>> "ozziaj" <ozziaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Roy - even two years sounds a tad optimistic; more like 3 or 4.
>>>
>>> But yeah, sure, Microsoft wants that to happen NOW so they can start
>>> recuperating their R&D $$$ spend on putting Vista together ...

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Why NOT to use Vista
All software gets updated at some point.. why should Microsoft not be
allowed?

> ... and Microsoft is already talking about the need for Service Pack 1 -
> lol
> ... slated for 3rd quarter this year ... anyone holding his/her breath??
>
> "Roy Coorne" wrote:
>

>> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in
>> message news:e8%23YbjtQHHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > Any company releasing a new product wants it to do well..

>> Of course, Mike, of course - but not every company announces new
>> important features of the forthcoming product which are missing in the
>> final release, after five years of development..

=?Utf-8?B?b3p6aWFq?=

Re: Why NOT to use Vista
Well, doesn't it strike you as a tad odd? Vista, touted as THE
must-have-or-else OS per se, has hardly been released, and MS is already
calling for SP1 beta testers.

Sure, better earlier than later (or never); but this is REAL early, isn't it?!

So, perhaps it IS better to wait with shelling out for Vista until SP1 has
been tried, tested and released to us general mortals ...

Oh, BTW, did I say MS is NOT allowed to upgrade? Can't seem to see/remember
that one. Perhaps your interpretation of my 1½ cents worth was a bit
short-sighted ...