AGP nvidia 7800 gs 256mb

=?Utf-8?B?SG93aWVwb29ocw==?=

AGP nvidia 7800 gs 256mb
I have the above video card and the latest drivers from Nvidia. I am running
x64 RTM 6000 and I find my display is shutting down and restarting very
often. There seems to be little pattern which I can detect, but it olny
affects the desktop or sometimes video. I will simply need to click a link in
IE, and the error occurs, the report pops up at the bottom of the srceen
saying nv............. has stopped reposing and has restarted. Sometime the
scrolling pop up can cause the display to hang, causing a hanging loop which
may conclude with BSOD. Anyone else having this issue with display? Games
seem to run fine, I have tried rolling back to Microsoft drivers but this had
no effect. I also had the same issue with RC2 vista and hoped it would be
fixed for the final build.
dirty old man

Re: AGP nvidia 7800 gs 256mb
I do not have this problem (7600GS 256MB), but it is most certainly a
driver issue. After all, the nVidia drivers are not complete yet. Hopefully.
many nVidia driver issues will be solved once complete drivers are
released.

"Howiepoohs" <Howiepoohs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I have the above video card and the latest drivers from Nvidia. I am running
| x64 RTM 6000 and I find my display is shutting down and restarting very
| often. There seems to be little pattern which I can detect, but it olny
| affects the desktop or sometimes video. I will simply need to click a link in
| IE, and the error occurs, the report pops up at the bottom of the srceen
| saying nv............. has stopped reposing and has restarted. Sometime the
| scrolling pop up can cause the display to hang, causing a hanging loop which
| may conclude with BSOD. Anyone else having this issue with display? Games
| seem to run fine, I have tried rolling back to Microsoft drivers but this had
| no effect. I also had the same issue with RC2 vista and hoped it would be
| fixed for the final build.

=?Utf-8?B?SG93aWVwb29ocw==?=

Re: AGP nvidia 7800 gs 256mb
Thanks for the reply. I have found the cause of all my Vista woes, being a
dodgy memory stick which has been removed.