Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!

jim

Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
Data: We were able to retrieve this time capsule that was launched into
space a few hours before word war III started.

It was a probe with ion propulsion and its intention was to preserve all the
information from the global computer network they
called the "internet". It had crashed on this large asteroid.

Picard: This discovery is of monumental value... all information of that
ancient network had been thought as lost! Have you been able to retrieve the
data?

Data: No Sir. Only a decade after its launch the galaxies core went into its
unstable radiant neutron phase, and this was not known by the scientists of
the era, so they did not give any space vehicles the proper shielding to
preserve data.
We were able only to retrieve small portions of it.

Picard: Well what did you find?

Data: the first data we were able to get was from a newsgroup, a
conversation network
with people posting message in written text format, talking about a
operating system called Vista.

Picard: Vista? You got to be kidding.

Data: I am incapable of kidding you Captain.

Picard: I know Data, I know... its surprising to see that you found these
people talking about the very reason that the war started...
What are they saying?

Data: The data we have is at a time a few days this operating system is to
be released. Some people are praising it Sir as something nice or good
for humanity.

Picard: Yes... they could not see the future and the impact this software
would have on the world then. Is ANYONE expressing concern of any kind?
Its hard to believe that no one had any foresight!

Data: There are a few people in this conversation that are expressing
concern, some even predict some of the problems that indeed were true,
but for some reason the other people who want this "Vista" have a universal
name for all of them.

Picard: What is it?

Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in doing
so.

Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release of
that Operating System...

Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians have
counted 1 million mistakes in the code.

Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story... oh
Data, please.....

Data: Sir?

Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by
any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule, please.
We dont need any trouble with the borg again.

Data: Indeed Sir....

:-)

Justin

Re: Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
That explains "you" very well. Thanks for summing yourself up for us.

"jim" <1@1.1> wrote in message news:OvPtFUNQHHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Data: We were able to retrieve this time capsule that was launched into
> space a few hours before word war III started.
>
> It was a probe with ion propulsion and its intention was to preserve all
> the information from the global computer network they
> called the "internet". It had crashed on this large asteroid.
>
> Picard: This discovery is of monumental value... all information of that
> ancient network had been thought as lost! Have you been able to retrieve
> the data?
>
> Data: No Sir. Only a decade after its launch the galaxies core went into
> its unstable radiant neutron phase, and this was not known by the
> scientists of the era, so they did not give any space vehicles the proper
> shielding to preserve data.
> We were able only to retrieve small portions of it.
>
> Picard: Well what did you find?
>
> Data: the first data we were able to get was from a newsgroup, a
> conversation network
> with people posting message in written text format, talking about a
> operating system called Vista.
>
> Picard: Vista? You got to be kidding.
>
> Data: I am incapable of kidding you Captain.
>
> Picard: I know Data, I know... its surprising to see that you found these
> people talking about the very reason that the war started...
> What are they saying?
>
> Data: The data we have is at a time a few days this operating system is to
> be released. Some people are praising it Sir as something nice or good
> for humanity.
>
> Picard: Yes... they could not see the future and the impact this software
> would have on the world then. Is ANYONE expressing concern of any kind?
> Its hard to believe that no one had any foresight!
>
> Data: There are a few people in this conversation that are expressing
> concern, some even predict some of the problems that indeed were true,
> but for some reason the other people who want this "Vista" have a
> universal name for all of them.
>
> Picard: What is it?
>
> Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
> mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in doing
> so.
>
> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release of
> that Operating System...
>
> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians
> have counted 1 million mistakes in the code.
>
> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story... oh
> Data, please.....
>
> Data: Sir?
>
> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by
> any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule, please.
> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.
>
> Data: Indeed Sir....
>
> :-)

jim

Re: Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
Data: Sir I believe I pinpointed the entry point of the borg contamination
attack.

Picard: Really?

Data: It was from a computer that was owned by a user called "Justin"
He was one of the people who praised Vista.

Picard: Data do you think this Justin fellow may have be working for the
borg?

Data: From the text messages that I am accessing, he seems to have the borg
mentality.
Not saying anything original.... I however have no proof of his involvement.

Picard: Enough.... continue with Gordi the efforts of retrieving other
information of interest from the capsule... we have had enough of borg
history for one night.....

"Justin" <None@None.com> wrote in message
> That explains "you" very well. Thanks for summing yourself up for us.
>

> "jim" <1@1.1> wrote in message
>> Data: We were able to retrieve this time capsule that was launched into
>> space a few hours before word war III started.
>>
>> It was a probe with ion propulsion and its intention was to preserve all
>> the information from the global computer network they
>> called the "internet". It had crashed on this large asteroid.
>>
>> Picard: This discovery is of monumental value... all information of that
>> ancient network had been thought as lost! Have you been able to retrieve
>> the data?
>>
>> Data: No Sir. Only a decade after its launch the galaxies core went into
>> its unstable radiant neutron phase, and this was not known by the
>> scientists of the era, so they did not give any space vehicles the proper
>> shielding to preserve data.
>> We were able only to retrieve small portions of it.
>>
>> Picard: Well what did you find?
>>
>> Data: the first data we were able to get was from a newsgroup, a
>> conversation network
>> with people posting message in written text format, talking about a
>> operating system called Vista.
>>
>> Picard: Vista? You got to be kidding.
>>
>> Data: I am incapable of kidding you Captain.
>>
>> Picard: I know Data, I know... its surprising to see that you found these
>> people talking about the very reason that the war started...
>> What are they saying?
>>
>> Data: The data we have is at a time a few days this operating system is
>> to be released. Some people are praising it Sir as something nice or good
>> for humanity.
>>
>> Picard: Yes... they could not see the future and the impact this software
>> would have on the world then. Is ANYONE expressing concern of any kind?
>> Its hard to believe that no one had any foresight!
>>
>> Data: There are a few people in this conversation that are expressing
>> concern, some even predict some of the problems that indeed were true,
>> but for some reason the other people who want this "Vista" have a
>> universal name for all of them.
>>
>> Picard: What is it?
>>
>> Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
>> mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in
>> doing so.
>>
>> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release
>> of that Operating System...
>>
>> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians
>> have counted 1 million mistakes in the code.
>>
>> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story...
>> oh Data, please.....
>>
>> Data: Sir?
>>
>> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by
>> any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule,
>> please.
>> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.
>>
>> Data: Indeed Sir....
>>
>> :-)

Gary

Re: Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
Ahh same old story different version of the OS. It use to be 95 then 98 then
XP now Vista will be the end of all mankind.

> [...]
> mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in doing
> so.
>
> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release of
> that Operating System...
>
> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians
> have counted 1 million mistakes in the code.
>
> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story... oh
> Data, please.....
>
> Data: Sir?
>
> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by
> any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule, please.
> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.
>
> Data: Indeed Sir....
>
> :-)

Justin

Re: Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
Thanks for driving my point home!

"jim" <1@1.1> wrote in message news:uL83ltNQHHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> [...]
>>> universal name for all of them.
>>>
>>> Picard: What is it?
>>>
>>> Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
>>> mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in
>>> doing so.
>>>
>>> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release
>>> of that Operating System...
>>>
>>> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians
>>> have counted 1 million mistakes in the code.
>>>
>>> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story...
>>> oh Data, please.....
>>>
>>> Data: Sir?
>>>
>>> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated
>>> by any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule,
>>> please.
>>> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.

Troy McClure

Re: Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
wow. ive never seen a bigger loser with less of a life. i feel bad for you

"jim" <1@1.1> wrote in message news:OvPtFUNQHHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Data: We were able to retrieve this time capsule that was launched into
> space a few hours before word war III started.
>
> It was a probe with ion propulsion and its intention was to preserve all
> the information from the global computer network they
> called the "internet". It had crashed on this large asteroid.
>
> Picard: This discovery is of monumental value... all information of that
> ancient network had been thought as lost! Have you been able to retrieve
> the data?
>
> Data: No Sir. Only a decade after its launch the galaxies core went into
> its unstable radiant neutron phase, and this was not known by the
> scientists of the era, so they did not give any space vehicles the proper
> shielding to preserve data.
> We were able only to retrieve small portions of it.
>
> Picard: Well what did you find?
>
> Data: the first data we were able to get was from a newsgroup, a
> conversation network
> with people posting message in written text format, talking about a
> operating system called Vista.
>
> Picard: Vista? You got to be kidding.
>
> Data: I am incapable of kidding you Captain.
>
> Picard: I know Data, I know... its surprising to see that you found these
> people talking about the very reason that the war started...
> What are they saying?
>
> Data: The data we have is at a time a few days this operating system is to
> be released. Some people are praising it Sir as something nice or good
> for humanity.
>
> Picard: Yes... they could not see the future and the impact this software
> would have on the world then. Is ANYONE expressing concern of any kind?
> Its hard to believe that no one had any foresight!
>
> Data: There are a few people in this conversation that are expressing
> concern, some even predict some of the problems that indeed were true,
> but for some reason the other people who want this "Vista" have a
> universal name for all of them.
>
> Picard: What is it?
>
> Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
> mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in doing
> so.
>
> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release of
> that Operating System...
>
> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians
> have counted 1 million mistakes in the code.
>
> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story... oh
> Data, please.....
>
> Data: Sir?
>
> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by
> any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule, please.
> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.
>
> Data: Indeed Sir....
>
> :-)

JP

Re: Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
What a Troll.

"jim" <1@1.1> wrote in message news:OvPtFUNQHHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Data: We were able to retrieve this time capsule that was launched into space a few hours before
> word war III started.
>
> It was a probe with ion propulsion and its intention was to preserve all the information from the
> global computer network they
> called the "internet". It had crashed on this large asteroid.
>
> Picard: This discovery is of monumental value... all information of that ancient network had been
> thought as lost! Have you been able to retrieve the data?
>
> Data: No Sir. Only a decade after its launch the galaxies core went into its unstable radiant
> neutron phase, and this was not known by the scientists of the era, so they did not give any space
> vehicles the proper shielding to preserve data.
> We were able only to retrieve small portions of it.
>
> Picard: Well what did you find?
>
> Data: the first data we were able to get was from a newsgroup, a conversation network
> with people posting message in written text format, talking about a operating system called Vista.
>
> Picard: Vista? You got to be kidding.
>
> Data: I am incapable of kidding you Captain.
>
> Picard: I know Data, I know... its surprising to see that you found these people talking about the
> very reason that the war started...
> What are they saying?
>
> Data: The data we have is at a time a few days this operating system is to be released. Some
> people are praising it Sir as something nice or good
> for humanity.
>
> Picard: Yes... they could not see the future and the impact this software would have on the world
> then. Is ANYONE expressing concern of any kind?
> Its hard to believe that no one had any foresight!
>
> Data: There are a few people in this conversation that are expressing concern, some even predict
> some of the problems that indeed were true,
> but for some reason the other people who want this "Vista" have a universal name for all of them.
>
> Picard: What is it?
>
> Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a mythological humanoid, but it is
> apparent that they find pleasure in doing so.
>
> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release of that Operating
> System...
>
> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians have counted 1 million
> mistakes in the code.
>
> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story... oh Data, please.....
>
> Data: Sir?
>
> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by any of that Vista code
> that may have leaked into the time capsule, please.
> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.
>
> Data: Indeed Sir....
>
> :-)

jim

"JP" <jp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What a Troll.

LOL here we go again... I think we are traped into a temporal loop!

Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
> [...]

>> universal name for all of them.
>>
>> Picard: What is it?
>>
>> Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
>> mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in
>> doing so.
>>
>> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release
>> of that Operating System...
>>
>> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians
>> have counted 1 million mistakes in the code.
>>
>> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story...
>> oh Data, please.....
>>
>> Data: Sir?
>>
>> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by
>> any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule,
>> please.
>> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.

JP

"jim" <1@1.1> wrote in message news:uyRbZZOQHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> [...]

>>> universal name for all of them.
>>>
>>> Picard: What is it?
>>>
>>> Data: Troll Sir. I do not understand why they are calling them a
>>> mythological humanoid, but it is apparent that they find pleasure in
>>> doing so.
>>>
>>> Picard: It is a shame that all these people died soon after the release
>>> of that Operating System...
>>>
>>> Data: Indeed Sir, it was a very badly designed program, our historians
>>> have counted 1 million mistakes in the code.
>>>
>>> Picard: This was what the borg took advantage of.... its a sad story...
>>> oh Data, please.....
>>>
>>> Data: Sir?
>>>
>>> Picard: Make sure that the Enterprise's computers are not contaminated by
>>> any of that Vista code that may have leaked into the time capsule,
>>> please.
>>> We dont need any trouble with the borg again.

Roscoe

Re: Captain Picard... the away team is back.....and look what we found!
You dumbass.