Graphics Card not functioning properly

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=

Graphics Card not functioning properly
I'm running a radeon x1800xt 256mb but on installing vista i can only run it
on 640x480 and using 4bit colours. When i look in device manager the device
status shows "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.
(Code 12)". I can't get my motherboard software to install properly and can't
find any alternative on the net so i wonder whether this is anything to do
with the problem.

Can anyone shed any light.....

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe (RD580 chipset)
2gb Corsair
AMD 3800+ X2
X1800 XT 256mb
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Graphics Card not functioning properly
Have you visited the ATI site to see if you can get a driver there?

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running a radeon x1800xt 256mb but on installing vista i can only run
> it
> on 640x480 and using 4bit colours. When i look in device manager the
> device
> status shows "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can
> use.
> (Code 12)". I can't get my motherboard software to install properly and
> can't
> find any alternative on the net so i wonder whether this is anything to do
> with the problem.
>
> Can anyone shed any light.....
>
> Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe (RD580 chipset)
> 2gb Corsair
> AMD 3800+ X2
> X1800 XT 256mb

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=

Re: Graphics Card not functioning properly
Yeah i have and i've downloaded the vista driver and the graphics software
from there but it didn't seem to do anything...the ati software doesn't open
up either...thankyou for your reply

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:

> Have you visited the ATI site to see if you can get a driver there?
>

> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm running a radeon x1800xt 256mb but on installing vista i can only run
> > it
> > on 640x480 and using 4bit colours. When i look in device manager the
> > device
> > status shows "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can
> > use.
> > (Code 12)". I can't get my motherboard software to install properly and
> > can't
> > find any alternative on the net so i wonder whether this is anything to do
> > with the problem.
> >
> > Can anyone shed any light.....
> >
> > Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe (RD580 chipset)
> > 2gb Corsair
> > AMD 3800+ X2
> > X1800 XT 256mb

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Graphics Card not functioning properly
Greg

Contact ATI.. it seems that you are not alone in your problem.. I found this
on a forum, but no solution.. maybe ATI know something that the rest of us
are not party to..

Code 12 Error, not enough free recourses. My card is a X1900XTX running on
an ASUS A8R32MVP-Deluxe mobo. It pisses me off that such a setup gives me
only 4 bits of graphics at 640x480. I know it is only RC1 and I can not
expect everything to work correctly, but has anyone ever encounter this
error and what fixed it?

Good luck

> Yeah i have and i've downloaded the vista driver and the graphics software
> from there but it didn't seem to do anything...the ati software doesn't
> open
> up either...thankyou for your reply
>
> "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:
>
>> Have you visited the ATI site to see if you can get a driver there?
>>

>> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm running a radeon x1800xt 256mb but on installing vista i can only
>> > run
>> > it
>> > on 640x480 and using 4bit colours. When i look in device manager the
>> > device
>> > status shows "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can
>> > use.
>> > (Code 12)". I can't get my motherboard software to install properly and
>> > can't
>> > find any alternative on the net so i wonder whether this is anything to
>> > do
>> > with the problem.
>> >
>> > Can anyone shed any light.....
>> >
>> > Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe (RD580 chipset)
>> > 2gb Corsair
>> > AMD 3800+ X2
>> > X1800 XT 256mb

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=

Re: Graphics Card not functioning properly
Thanks mike i really appreciate you looking into this for me. If you find
anything else relevent i'd be really thanful.

God Bless bro,

Greg

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:

> Greg
>
> Contact ATI.. it seems that you are not alone in your problem.. I found this
> on a forum, but no solution.. maybe ATI know something that the rest of us
> are not party to..
>
> Code 12 Error, not enough free recourses. My card is a X1900XTX running on
> an ASUS A8R32MVP-Deluxe mobo. It pisses me off that such a setup gives me
> only 4 bits of graphics at 640x480. I know it is only RC1 and I can not
> expect everything to work correctly, but has anyone ever encounter this
> error and what fixed it?
>
> Good luck
>
> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah i have and i've downloaded the vista driver and the graphics software
> > from there but it didn't seem to do anything...the ati software doesn't
> > open
> > up either...thankyou for your reply
> >
> > "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you visited the ATI site to see if you can get a driver there?

=?Utf-8?B?Qmhhdg==?=

RE: Graphics Card not functioning properly
Im having the same problem, I have a X1900XTX and an ASUS A8R32-MVP deluxe,
and 64bit Vista ultimate. I have downloaded the 64 bit vista drivers from
ATI's site, installed them and I still only get 640x480 resolution and 4 bit
colour. I decided as a result to run dual OP for now - XP on a temporary 2
gig partition, Vista on a 17 gig one untill I can sort this out. Any help
would be usefull.

"Greg" wrote:

> I'm running a radeon x1800xt 256mb but on installing vista i can only run it
> on 640x480 and using 4bit colours. When i look in device manager the device
> status shows "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.
> (Code 12)". I can't get my motherboard software to install properly and can't
> find any alternative on the net so i wonder whether this is anything to do
> with the problem.
>
> Can anyone shed any light.....
>
> Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe (RD580 chipset)
> 2gb Corsair
> AMD 3800+ X2
> X1800 XT 256mb

yamon

Re: Graphics Card not functioning properly

I had the same problem with Vista. My motherboard has onboard graphics
(ATI X200); when I installed a new PCIE card (ATI 1650pro), I got the
message about the device not finding enough free resources. Finally, I
was able to solve the problem by enabling "surroundview" in the advanced
chipset features section of my motherboard's bios; the next time I
booted up, everything was perfect and the video card properly
recognized. Hope this works for you.

--
yamon
yamon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21311

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?QmFyYmll?=

Re: Graphics Card not functioning properly
I also have a Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe and am getting the Code 12 error on my
crossfire edition x1950xtx. The base 1950 card seems ok. ATI support points
at ASUS and ASUS are pointing at ATI! I suspect it is on the ASUS side as the
ATI drivers do not actually install on the card due to the Code 12 error. But
I could be wrong. Crossfire will not switch on either because the ATI
software only detects one card. Like others - any help gratefully received.

"yamon" wrote:

> I had the same problem with Vista. My motherboard has onboard graphics
> (ATI X200); when I installed a new PCIE card (ATI 1650pro), I got the
> message about the device not finding enough free resources. Finally, I
> was able to solve the problem by enabling "surroundview" in the advanced
> chipset features section of my motherboard's bios; the next time I
> booted up, everything was perfect and the video card properly
> recognized. Hope this works for you.
>

> --
> yamon
> yamon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21311
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=666572
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?R3JlZw==?=

Re: Graphics Card not functioning properly
hey guys. i've fixed it!!!! all you have to do is put your graphics card in
the primary (top) pcie slot...job done...i don't know how this works for
crossfire but good luck