Sound

Alice

Sound
Hi all,

The sound is really soft in Vista. Updates says that I have the newest
drivers. Intel 82801DB/DMB AC '97 Audio. Would you know of any other
driver I could use? I have the volume set to 100 and I can barely hear a
thing.

Thanks,
Alice

Tom Lake

Re: Sound

"Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> The sound is really soft in Vista. Updates says that I have the newest
> drivers. Intel 82801DB/DMB AC '97 Audio. Would you know of any other
> driver I could use? I have the volume set to 100 and I can barely hear a
> thing.

That's the one you have to use. Are you sure your speakers have power and
are turned up?
Sorry to ask the basics but it's best to start there.

Tom Lake

Alice

Re: Sound
Yup. Everything is turned up to the max. I'm thinking that it's the Vista
sounds itself. If I download other sounds and replace them it seems to
work? Beats me!!!

Thanks for your time,
Alice
"Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The sound is really soft in Vista. Updates says that I have the newest
>> drivers. Intel 82801DB/DMB AC '97 Audio. Would you know of any other
>> driver I could use? I have the volume set to 100 and I can barely hear a
>> thing.

> That's the one you have to use. Are you sure your speakers have power and
> are turned up?
> Sorry to ask the basics but it's best to start there.
>
> Tom Lake

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Sound
Open the sound mixer (click on the volume icon) and move the Windows Sounds
slider up..

> Yup. Everything is turned up to the max. I'm thinking that it's the
> Vista sounds itself. If I download other sounds and replace them it seems
> to work? Beats me!!!
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Alice
> "Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The sound is really soft in Vista. Updates says that I have the newest
>>> drivers. Intel 82801DB/DMB AC '97 Audio. Would you know of any other
>>> driver I could use? I have the volume set to 100 and I can barely hear
>>> a thing.

>> That's the one you have to use. Are you sure your speakers have power
>> and are turned up?
>> Sorry to ask the basics but it's best to start there.
>>
>> Tom Lake

Alice

Re: Sound

Hi Mike,
Until today I had only a slider that had a picture of a speaker above it.
Today, two other sliders showed up. One with a envelope and one that says
Windows Sounds! I guess the Microsoft "fairies" were busy over night. haha
Now everything works fine!

Thanks for your time,
Alice

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Open the sound mixer (click on the volume icon) and move the Windows
> Sounds slider up..
>

> "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yup. Everything is turned up to the max. I'm thinking that it's the
>> Vista sounds itself. If I download other sounds and replace them it
>> seems to work? Beats me!!!
>>
>> Thanks for your time,
>> Alice
>> "Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> That's the one you have to use. Are you sure your speakers have power
>>> and are turned up?
>>> Sorry to ask the basics but it's best to start there.
>>>
>>> Tom Lake

Alice

Re: Sound

Hi Mike,
Until today I had only a slider that had a picture of a speaker above it.
Today, two other sliders showed up. One with a envelope and one that says
Windows Sounds! I guess the Microsoft "fairies" were busy over night. haha
Now everything works fine!

Thanks for your time,
Alice

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Open the sound mixer (click on the volume icon) and move the Windows
> Sounds slider up..
>

> "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yup. Everything is turned up to the max. I'm thinking that it's the
>> Vista sounds itself. If I download other sounds and replace them it
>> seems to work? Beats me!!!
>>
>> Thanks for your time,
>> Alice
>> "Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Alice" <alyce1949@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> That's the one you have to use. Are you sure your speakers have power
>>> and are turned up?
>>> Sorry to ask the basics but it's best to start there.
>>>
>>> Tom Lake

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: Sound
Way to go, Alice..