vista home premium: windows media center

=?Utf-8?B?TmljazIxXzM0?=

vista home premium: windows media center
When I launch media center in vista I get a black screen which then turns
blue with a physical memory dump. My pc then restarts, any solutions?
John Barnett MVP

Re: vista home premium: windows media center
BSOD (blue screen of death) are usually driver related, so one can only
assume that it is one of your drivers - video, audio, tv etc that is causing
the problem. I'd check your TV card manufacturer's site first to see if they
have updated vista compatible drivers available. Not all manufacturers have
updated drivers available as yet. I know that my hauppauge nova t tv box
will not be having any vista drivers, so it looks like i'll be having to
think about buying a new one. I don't watch much TV so it isn't a priority.

Might also be an idea to get details of the actual error message. If you
machine automatically restarts on a blue screen then you need to disable
that option. Visit my website http://vistasupport.mvps.org Click the Vista
Faq button and take a look at question 38.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Nick21_34" <Nick21_34@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I launch media center in vista I get a black screen which then turns
> blue with a physical memory dump. My pc then restarts, any solutions?

=?Utf-8?B?c29saTU0?=

RE: vista home premium: windows media center
i had the same problem here's what u do go into control panel click on system
and maintenance-click on system-on the left hand side it will say advance
system settings click on that-under performance click settings-click the
advance tab-under the advance tab click change under virtual memory-then
unclick(automatically manage paging file size for all drives-then click the
custom size circle- set initial size at 2048 and maximum size at 4096 click
change then apply it will ask u to restart doso-when restart is finished go
back into control panel under system and maintenance but this time click on
device manager(view hardware and devices)-click on display adapters-double
click your video device and u will go to properties-under the driver tab
click on rollback driver this will delete the update that is causing ur
screen to turn blue and restart follow these steps and u won't have a
problem!!!!!!