Why won't Vista sleep

=?Utf-8?B?TUM=?=

Why won't Vista sleep
When my PC goes to sleep it always wakes up again after a few seconds - any
ideas why this might be?
Richard Urban

Re: Why won't Vista sleep
Well, in my case it is caused by a video card.

If I install an older video card that is not Aero compatible,
sleep/hibernate works fine.

If I install a newer video card that IS compatible with Aero,
sleep/hibernate do not work.

Go figure!

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When my PC goes to sleep it always wakes up again after a few seconds -
> any
> ideas why this might be?

=?Utf-8?B?TUM=?=

Re: Why won't Vista sleep
I figured out what was going wrong.

I have a "Creative Labs" wireless usb keyboard and mouse. and they were
preventing it from having a sleep.
I set the device options to not "allow device to wake computer" and all is
well.

MC

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Well, in my case it is caused by a video card.
>
> If I install an older video card that is not Aero compatible,
> sleep/hibernate works fine.
>
> If I install a newer video card that IS compatible with Aero,
> sleep/hibernate do not work.
>
> Go figure!
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When my PC goes to sleep it always wakes up again after a few seconds -
> > any
> > ideas why this might be?

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnl0?=

Re: Why won't Vista sleep
In may case i only had to set the device option to not "allow device to wake
computer" on the mouse in the device manager.

Larryt

"MC" wrote:

> I figured out what was going wrong.
>
> I have a "Creative Labs" wireless usb keyboard and mouse. and they were
> preventing it from having a sleep.
> I set the device options to not "allow device to wake computer" and all is
> well.
>
> MC
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> > Well, in my case it is caused by a video card.
> >
> > If I install an older video card that is not Aero compatible,
> > sleep/hibernate works fine.
> >
> > If I install a newer video card that IS compatible with Aero,
> > sleep/hibernate do not work.
> >
> > Go figure!
> >
> > --
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> > (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >
> > Quote from George Ankner:
> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >

> > "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When my PC goes to sleep it always wakes up again after a few seconds -
> > > any
> > > ideas why this might be?

Lakesidezx

Re: Why won't Vista sleep
Ive turned off the mouse and keyboard so that they shouldnt wake vista
either, but my vista still goes to sleep then immediately wakes up again.

Any thing else I should be trying?

"MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When my PC goes to sleep it always wakes up again after a few seconds -
> any
> ideas why this might be?

=?Utf-8?B?RGVi?=

Re: Why won't Vista sleep

"Lakesidezx" wrote:

> Ive turned off the mouse and keyboard so that they shouldnt wake vista
> either, but my vista still goes to sleep then immediately wakes up again.
>
> Any thing else I should be trying?

In addition to setting my mouse to not wake the PC I also had to set my
network controller to not wake the PC. Now she sleeps like a baby.