Re: 80073712

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: 80073712
(cross-post added to Vista Performance & Maintenance)
"MNTequila" <MNTequila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE71F0F1-2C1F-4636-8912-3104897C9F2B@microsoft.com...

> I was getting the 80073712 error for a couple of weeks. I tried the
> commands people suggest. I kept looking for other solutions.
>
> The other day when I turned my laptop on, I got something new, and don't
> know what to do.
>
> The windows vista home basic comes up and has my icon (but no icon for the
> administrator) Now I didn't usually have this page coming up, since I'm the
> only authorized user. It has a little icon in the left corner that when
> clicked brings up some accessibility options with a voice that reads the
> options to me. None of the options is something I need.
>

> I click on my account icon, it says "welcome". and then it says The User
> Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
>
> And there is an "ok" button. I click the "ok" button and it brings me back
> to the screen with my icon. I cannot get into VISTA at all
>
> HELP ME PLEASE.
>
> If you can tell me how to get rid of Vista all together and put my Windows
> XP in, please tell me details how to do it. I'm not very sophisticated when
> it comes to computers, but I can't live without my laptop!!!!
>
> Thanks!
> Tequila Sheila in MN
> "spïrö" wrote:
>
>> I completely agree with PF.
>>
>> I have been stuck with this error for 2 weeks, and I am thinking about going
>> back to XP. I have had NOTHING but problems from day 1.
>>
>> Engel,
>> Thanx, I have seen and tried that solution. All I see when I try to put
>> that into practice is an error, which goes something along the lines of you
>> don't have anything called storedirty.
>>
>> What kind of f*ing file or command line is that solution supposed to be
>> anyway?
>> MICROSOFT - would you please fix this???

A very specific one I suspect. Just because you get a code doesn't
mean that the fix that someone else who got the same code will work
for you. Details matter. What are your symptoms beside the code?
E.g. look in the logs for the context of the code.

BTW you may get more informed help in a Vista specific newsgroup.
Cross-posting to one for reference.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Rick Rogers

Re: 80073712
Hi,

Logon in safe mode as administrator, and follow the recommendations here:
http://cherrybyte.blogspot.com/2007/...-in-vista.html

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> (cross-post added to Vista Performance & Maintenance)
> "MNTequila" <MNTequila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I was getting the 80073712 error for a couple of weeks. I tried the
>> commands people suggest. I kept looking for other solutions.
>>
>> The other day when I turned my laptop on, I got something new, and don't
>> know what to do.
>>
>> The windows vista home basic comes up and has my icon (but no icon for
>> the
>> administrator) Now I didn't usually have this page coming up, since I'm
>> the
>> only authorized user. It has a little icon in the left corner that when
>> clicked brings up some accessibility options with a voice that reads the
>> options to me. None of the options is something I need.
>>

>> I click on my account icon, it says "welcome". and then it says The
>> User
>> Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
>>
>> And there is an "ok" button. I click the "ok" button and it brings me
>> back
>> to the screen with my icon. I cannot get into VISTA at all
>>
>> HELP ME PLEASE.
>>
>> If you can tell me how to get rid of Vista all together and put my
>> Windows
>> XP in, please tell me details how to do it. I'm not very sophisticated
>> when
>> it comes to computers, but I can't live without my laptop!!!!
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Tequila Sheila in MN
>> "spïrö" wrote:
>>
>>> I completely agree with PF.
>>>
>>> I have been stuck with this error for 2 weeks, and I am thinking about
>>> going
>>> back to XP. I have had NOTHING but problems from day 1.
>>>
>>> Engel,
>>> Thanx, I have seen and tried that solution. All I see when I try to put
>>> that into practice is an error, which goes something along the lines of
>>> you
>>> don't have anything called storedirty.
>>>
>>> What kind of f*ing file or command line is that solution supposed to be
>>> anyway?
>>> MICROSOFT - would you please fix this???

> A very specific one I suspect. Just because you get a code doesn't
> mean that the fix that someone else who got the same code will work
> for you. Details matter. What are your symptoms beside the code?
> E.g. look in the logs for the context of the code.
>
> BTW you may get more informed help in a Vista specific newsgroup.
> Cross-posting to one for reference.
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

MNTequila

Re: 80073712

Thanks to everyone.
I am somewhat unsophisticated at this new group stuff, so I apologize to
those who think I posted in the wrong place.

I am hoping I solved my problem. I have taken my laptop to an expert and
will fork over money to have XP installed.

Thanks anyway.