Siz and content of windows

rwphilips@yahoo.com

Siz and content of windows
It seems that Vista Ultimate 64 is not remembering windows size (full
screen or whatever) and then the type of files that the window
contains. It regularly changes my data file or even the C root
directory to video/music content or the view to icons from details or
vice versa. I remember that XP had this problem when it was first out
and there was a registry hack to allow more saves...

thanks
brink

Re: Siz and content of windows

rwphilips;532793 Wrote:
> It seems that Vista Ultimate 64 is not remembering windows size (full
> screen or whatever) and then the type of files that the window
> contains. It regularly changes my data file or even the C root
> directory to video/music content or the view to icons from details or
> vice versa. I remember that XP had this problem when it was first out
> and there was a registry hack to allow more saves...
>
> thanks

Hi Rich,

You can make Vista remember again by resetting the folder view
settings. Method Two in this tutorial will show you how to do it. The
download is the easiest way.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html

This tutorial will show you how to change the folder template. See the
NOTE under step 1 for how to change the root directory.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77...templates.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
rwphilips@yahoo.com

Re: Siz and content of windows
Hard to believe you should have to go through this pain in the ass
with all the other stupid options built into Vista!!!

rwphilips;532985 Wrote:
> Hard to believe you should have to go through this pain in the ass
> with all the other stupid options built into Vista!!!
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:00:50 -0600, brink
> <brink.30zof6@xxxxxx-mx.forums.net> wrote:
> >Hi Rich,
> >
> >You can make Vista remember again by resetting the folder view
> >settings. Method Two in this tutorial will show you how to do it. The
> >download is the easiest way.
> >
> >'Windows Explorer Folder View settings'

> (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...-settings.html)
> >

> >This tutorial will show you how to change the folder template. See the
> >NOTE under step 1 for how to change the root directory.
> >
> >'Windows Explorer - Folder Type Templates'

> (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77...templates.html)
> >
> >Shawn

Rich,

Only when something gets messed up or currupted in the folder view
cache. It would be nice if we did not have to, but with a new OS there
will always be bugs to work out. Hopefully Microsoft will get it all
ironed out in the final SP1 release.

This is why I made the .reg download file to try and make it easier for
everyone with this problem. A simple download and a few clicks, and all
back to normal when needed.

Sorry you had the unpleasant luck of having to experience it for
yourself.

Shawn