Resourece Monitor

Ben Enfield

Resourece Monitor
Is there any way to have the disk, CPU and Network usage for the Resource
Monitor seperated into seperate graphs when more than one of each exists?
For example, it would be nice to see different CPU graphs for multiple CPUs,
it would be nice to see multiple disk graphs when mupltiple disks are
present, etc. It would be suprising to find that this was not incorporated
as multiple disks are common and saturation of one's bandwidth means nothing
for the others.

Ben

Mr. Vista

Re: Resourece Monitor
The Task Manager already includes 2 CPU graphs to represent 2 cores.

"Ben Enfield" <benfield@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> Is there any way to have the disk, CPU and Network usage for the Resource
> Monitor seperated into seperate graphs when more than one of each exists?
> For example, it would be nice to see different CPU graphs for multiple
> CPUs, it would be nice to see multiple disk graphs when mupltiple disks
> are present, etc. It would be suprising to find that this was not
> incorporated as multiple disks are common and saturation of one's
> bandwidth means nothing for the others.
>
> Ben

Dale

Re: Resourece Monitor
Check out the Reliability and Performance Monitor under Control
Panel->System Tools.

You can have all the graphs you want.

Dale

"Ben Enfield" <benfield@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> Is there any way to have the disk, CPU and Network usage for the Resource
> Monitor seperated into seperate graphs when more than one of each exists?
> For example, it would be nice to see different CPU graphs for multiple
> CPUs, it would be nice to see multiple disk graphs when mupltiple disks
> are present, etc. It would be suprising to find that this was not
> incorporated as multiple disks are common and saturation of one's
> bandwidth means nothing for the others.
>
> Ben

Ray

Re: Resourece Monitor
Another nice touch would have been to have the monitor windows expandable,
so that all or most of the "action" could be seen at once, instead of having
to scroll up and down.

Ray

"Ben Enfield" <benfield@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> Is there any way to have the disk, CPU and Network usage for the Resource
> Monitor seperated into seperate graphs when more than one of each exists?
> For example, it would be nice to see different CPU graphs for multiple
> CPUs, it would be nice to see multiple disk graphs when mupltiple disks
> are present, etc. It would be suprising to find that this was not
> incorporated as multiple disks are common and saturation of one's
> bandwidth means nothing for the others.
>
> Ben

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Resourece Monitor
Some of these things are set at a resolution that works in Safe Mode because
they are frequently used there when the system is having issues.

"Ray " <someone@mydomain.com> wrote in message
> Another nice touch would have been to have the monitor windows expandable,
> so that all or most of the "action" could be seen at once, instead of
> having to scroll up and down.
>
> Ray
>
> "Ben Enfield" <benfield@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>> Is there any way to have the disk, CPU and Network usage for the Resource
>> Monitor seperated into seperate graphs when more than one of each exists?
>> For example, it would be nice to see different CPU graphs for multiple
>> CPUs, it would be nice to see multiple disk graphs when mupltiple disks
>> are present, etc. It would be suprising to find that this was not
>> incorporated as multiple disks are common and saturation of one's
>> bandwidth means nothing for the others.
>>
>> Ben

Dale

Re: Resourece Monitor
And this view was intended to be basic. Again, Performance Monitor is the
way to go for serious performance monitoring.

Dale

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> Some of these things are set at a resolution that works in Safe Mode
> because they are frequently used there when the system is having issues.
>
> "Ray " <someone@mydomain.com> wrote in message
>> Another nice touch would have been to have the monitor windows
>> expandable, so that all or most of the "action" could be seen at once,
>> instead of having to scroll up and down.
>>
>> Ray
>>
>> "Ben Enfield" <benfield@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>>> Is there any way to have the disk, CPU and Network usage for the
>>> Resource Monitor seperated into seperate graphs when more than one of
>>> each exists? For example, it would be nice to see different CPU graphs
>>> for multiple CPUs, it would be nice to see multiple disk graphs when
>>> mupltiple disks are present, etc. It would be suprising to find that
>>> this was not incorporated as multiple disks are common and saturation of
>>> one's bandwidth means nothing for the others.
>>>
>>> Ben

Ray

Re: Resourece Monitor
Ahh I see, that's why you get the big bucks Colin.

Ray

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> Some of these things are set at a resolution that works in Safe Mode
> because they are frequently used there when the system is having issues.
>
> "Ray " <someone@mydomain.com> wrote in message
>> Another nice touch would have been to have the monitor windows
>> expandable, so that all or most of the "action" could be seen at once,
>> instead of having to scroll up and down.
>>
>> Ray
>>
>> "Ben Enfield" <benfield@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
>>> Is there any way to have the disk, CPU and Network usage for the
>>> Resource Monitor seperated into seperate graphs when more than one of
>>> each exists? For example, it would be nice to see different CPU graphs
>>> for multiple CPUs, it would be nice to see multiple disk graphs when
>>> mupltiple disks are present, etc. It would be suprising to find that
>>> this was not incorporated as multiple disks are common and saturation of
>>> one's bandwidth means nothing for the others.
>>>
>>> Ben

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Resourece Monitor
I gave up deer hunting a long time ago. :P