trouble after monitor powers off

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhbnQ=?=

trouble after monitor powers off
I have my display to turn off in one hour. When I move the mouse to wake it,
a blank screen comes up, showing only the mouse (and i can move it). I cant
do anything until my sreen saver comes on, and then I move my mouse to wake
the screen saver, and it goes back to normal. Is there a way to stop thanks
blank screen, and go back to my desktop when I wake the display?
thanks.
=?Utf-8?B?R3JhbnQ=?=

RE: trouble after monitor powers off
Sorry, I forgot..
i'm running Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600

"Grant" wrote:

> I have my display to turn off in one hour. When I move the mouse to wake it,
> a blank screen comes up, showing only the mouse (and i can move it). I cant
> do anything until my sreen saver comes on, and then I move my mouse to wake
> the screen saver, and it goes back to normal. Is there a way to stop thanks
> blank screen, and go back to my desktop when I wake the display?
> thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1YXJ0IFtNVlBd?=

RE: trouble after monitor powers off
I've seen similar behavior in Vista RTM. In my case, I had to set the Power
settings to never turn off the monitor.

Stuart.
---------

"Grant" wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot..
> i'm running Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600
>
> "Grant" wrote:
>
> > I have my display to turn off in one hour. When I move the mouse to wake it,
> > a blank screen comes up, showing only the mouse (and i can move it). I cant
> > do anything until my sreen saver comes on, and then I move my mouse to wake
> > the screen saver, and it goes back to normal. Is there a way to stop thanks
> > blank screen, and go back to my desktop when I wake the display?
> > thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?R3JhbnQ=?=

RE: trouble after monitor powers off
So.. is there a fix to it, or a bug that cant be fixed?

"Stuart [MVP]" wrote:

> I've seen similar behavior in Vista RTM. In my case, I had to set the Power
> settings to never turn off the monitor.
>
> Stuart.
> ---------
>
> "Grant" wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I forgot..
> > i'm running Windows Vista RC1 Build 5600
> >
> > "Grant" wrote:
> >
> > > I have my display to turn off in one hour. When I move the mouse to wake it,
> > > a blank screen comes up, showing only the mouse (and i can move it). I cant
> > > do anything until my sreen saver comes on, and then I move my mouse to wake
> > > the screen saver, and it goes back to normal. Is there a way to stop thanks
> > > blank screen, and go back to my desktop when I wake the display?
> > > thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1YXJ0IFtNVlBd?=

RE: trouble after monitor powers off
It's just my opinion, but I'd guess there will be at least one fix issued for
all the sleep/hibernate issues people are (and will be soon) seeing.

Stuart.
--------