keyboard problems in windows xp professional

=?Utf-8?B?Z2luYQ==?=

keyboard problems in windows xp professional
Hello
i would be so grateful if anyone can help this desperate person. i am
reasonably computer literate but I have run the course of everything i can
think of and do not know what in the world has caused my keyboard to stop
functioning.
i did add software, since uninstalled (wintv to record onto the notebook)
i have a six-month-old hp pavilion dv 5000 that i had built and is far too
expensive to be having these problems. but then, i never had much luck with
windows xp at all.
my keys often would get stuck -- like th function key. i don't know how
this happened, but here is what i am now having to do:
when i power up my notebook, they keyboard doesn't work at all.
i have to hold down the control button for the start menu to stay up. then
i have to engage the utility manager (which turns everthign on) to get the
regular keyboard to function.
if i don't do that, the mouse works, but the keyboard will not type. i
just get a beep if i try to.
even having to do all that, my delete button doesn't work; my esc button
won't escape it instead shows the info about my notebook and other things
happen.
i have tried system restore but that doesn't wrok because when ok comes on
to complete it my mouse won't click it;
i have gone into the start up and googled everything and it said that
undoing eabservr would then default to normal keyboard functions and get rid
of the quick launch button functions. that didn't help.
i tried at the hp site to re-down load drivers for the keyboard and quick
launch buttons.
the "qualified techs" at hp tell me to uninstall the utility manager -- by
going to services.msc but the utilman is not listed and honestly, i don't
think that owuld help but make things worse because it is the utility manager
that is at least enabling me to put the keyboard back on.
i have updated windows/microsfott/ hp stuff and did a virus scan -- i am
at a loss.
also, in this keyboard thing, the scroll button is lit but when it was lit
in the normal keyboard function, numbers would be typed instead of letters.
so i don't understand at all what hashappened and tho this windows is so new
the windows people will not enable me to get a one-time help because this is
windows profesional which i surely did not ask for. windows xp has never been
a positive experience for me. i am open to trying anything because if i have
to ship this back to hp, all they do is uninstall and reinstall windows, i
lose everyrihng. they do not provide cds.
thank you to anyone who can and will help,