HELP

=?Utf-8?B?Um9kZ2ll?=

HELP
I know im in the wrong place but......windows xp not going well....csrss.exe
and other things so i need to uninstall xp to puy xp back on but can not
fined xp. i can fine service pack 2 though....is the main paret of xp under
another name...help me please i have spent 3 days on this
Kerry Brown

Re: HELP
To reinstall XP you need the CD. Some computers come with a procedure to
restore them to the factory setup and didn't come with XP CDs. What brand of
computer do you have? Did you ever have an XP CD? Did your computer come
with a set of restore CDs or DVDs? Do you have the manual that came with
your computer?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Rodgie" <Rodgie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know im in the wrong place but......windows xp not going
>well....csrss.exe
> and other things so i need to uninstall xp to puy xp back on but can not
> fined xp. i can fine service pack 2 though....is the main paret of xp
> under
> another name...help me please i have spent 3 days on this

=?Utf-8?B?Um9kZ2ll?=

Re: HELP
yes it did...all i know is that i have to uninstiall xp frist...i cannot get
the cd to run when i hit the power

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> To reinstall XP you need the CD. Some computers come with a procedure to
> restore them to the factory setup and didn't come with XP CDs. What brand of
> computer do you have? Did you ever have an XP CD? Did your computer come
> with a set of restore CDs or DVDs? Do you have the manual that came with
> your computer?
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Rodgie" <Rodgie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I know im in the wrong place but......windows xp not going
> >well....csrss.exe
> > and other things so i need to uninstall xp to puy xp back on but can not
> > fined xp. i can fine service pack 2 though....is the main paret of xp
> > under
> > another name...help me please i have spent 3 days on this

Kerry Brown

Re: HELP
You aren't providing enough information for anyone to help you. Please
answer the previous questions in full.

--

> yes it did...all i know is that i have to uninstiall xp frist...i cannot
> get
> the cd to run when i hit the power
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> To reinstall XP you need the CD. Some computers come with a procedure to
>> restore them to the factory setup and didn't come with XP CDs. What brand
>> of
>> computer do you have? Did you ever have an XP CD? Did your computer come
>> with a set of restore CDs or DVDs? Do you have the manual that came with
>> your computer?
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>>

>> "Rodgie" <Rodgie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I know im in the wrong place but......windows xp not going
>> >well....csrss.exe
>> > and other things so i need to uninstall xp to puy xp back on but can
>> > not
>> > fined xp. i can fine service pack 2 though....is the main paret of xp
>> > under
>> > another name...help me please i have spent 3 days on this

=?Utf-8?B?Um9kZ2ll?=

Re: HELP
sorry i can not spell too good have to write in short form that is why it is
writen the way it is...as it is i have been able to reinstall xp but it has
fulled up the computer hard drive so i am tring to delete what i can 80%full
so i have a nother long night ahead off me

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> You aren't providing enough information for anyone to help you. Please
> answer the previous questions in full.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Rodgie" <Rodgie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > yes it did...all i know is that i have to uninstiall xp frist...i cannot
> > get
> > the cd to run when i hit the power
> >
> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >
> >> To reinstall XP you need the CD. Some computers come with a procedure to
> >> restore them to the factory setup and didn't come with XP CDs. What brand
> >> of
> >> computer do you have? Did you ever have an XP CD? Did your computer come
> >> with a set of restore CDs or DVDs? Do you have the manual that came with
> >> your computer?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kerry Brown
> >> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> >> http://www.vistahelp.ca

Kerry Brown

Re: HELP
Your spelling is irrelevant. If you can't answer the questions don't expect
any help. We can't read your mind :-)

--

> sorry i can not spell too good have to write in short form that is why it
> is
> writen the way it is...as it is i have been able to reinstall xp but it
> has
> fulled up the computer hard drive so i am tring to delete what i can
> 80%full
> so i have a nother long night ahead off me
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> You aren't providing enough information for anyone to help you. Please
>> answer the previous questions in full.
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>>

>> "Rodgie" <Rodgie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > yes it did...all i know is that i have to uninstiall xp frist...i
>> > cannot
>> > get
>> > the cd to run when i hit the power

John Barnett MVP

Re: HELP
Rodgie, to begin with Why do yuo need to uninstall XP 'before' you can
re-install it again? If you PC came with recovery disks the recovery disk
will simply overwrite all that is on yuor hard drive and your pc will be
restored back to factory conditions. This also applies if the backup copy of
xp has been installed on an hidden partition by your pc manufacturer. I
suggest you first read your PCs user manual to find out what the procedure
is for re-installing the system.

You say that the CD does not run when you hit the power? Are we talking
about recovery CDs or a retail copy of Windows XP. If they are recovery
disks how many are there? In most cases recovery disks are numbered 1,2,3
etc. Insert disk 1 (one) into the CD drive and a menu should appear. You
just need to select the option to re-install the operating system and then,
as the system asks for the next disk, insert it into the CD drive.

If you are using a retail copy of Windows XP then you will find more details
on doing a clean install at the follow link on my website:
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm

If you are still getting knowhere can you enlighten us as to what is
happening when you insert the Cd and then hit the power? Is the system
simply booting back into XP? Does an error message appear? Have you missed
the screen which says 'press any key to boot from CD?'

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org