Vista Freezing when opening My Computer

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZWs=?=

Vista Freezing when opening My Computer
I just installed a fresh version of Windows Vista Business
and whenever I goto "my computer" it really slow that i cannot
do anything else, even bring up task manager or turn off. Any
Ideas on what could be causing this issue?!?

Thank you,
Red nosed reindeer

Re: Vista Freezing when opening My Computer
you are a victim of vistyfreeze

"mikek" <mikek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just installed a fresh version of Windows Vista Business
> and whenever I goto "my computer" it really slow that i cannot
> do anything else, even bring up task manager or turn off. Any
> Ideas on what could be causing this issue?!?
>
> Thank you,

Roy Coorne

"Red nosed reindeer" <-> wrote:
> you are a victim of vistyfreeze

Would you suggest that AntiFreeze might help the Red Nosed Reindeer?

I suppose his/her computer is software overloaded!

Roy

> "mikek" <mikek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just installed a fresh version of Windows Vista Business
>> and whenever I goto "my computer" it really slow that i cannot
>> do anything else, even bring up task manager or turn off. Any
>> Ideas on what could be causing this issue?!?

Red nosed reindeer

Re: Vista Freezing when opening My Computer
I suggest antivista not antifreeze... look what these guys have to say about
that os

"Roy Coorne" <rcoorne@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Red nosed reindeer" <-> wrote:
>> you are a victim of vistyfreeze

> Would you suggest that AntiFreeze might help the Red Nosed Reindeer?
>
> I suppose his/her computer is software overloaded!
>
> Roy
>

>> "mikek" <mikek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I just installed a fresh version of Windows Vista Business
>>> and whenever I goto "my computer" it really slow that i cannot
>>> do anything else, even bring up task manager or turn off. Any
>>> Ideas on what could be causing this issue?!?

Dave Hampson

Re: Vista Freezing when opening My Computer
Mikek,

Do you have any network drives mapped in Vista? We had issues at work with
XP with mapped drives that pointed to a server that had been decomissioned.
XP spent forever trying to find that server.

Try disconnecting all mapped drives, and reboot and see what happens. Write
down all the drive mappings first. Then if it resolves the issue, add them
back in one by one until you have a problem.

Hope this helps,

TowerDave