Monitoring the CPU temperature

=?Utf-8?B?SnVhblA=?=

Monitoring the CPU temperature
Hi,

How do I monitor the CPU temperature in Windows Vista? There's no CPU
temperature indicator in task manager->performance.

Regards
Rick Rogers

Re: Monitoring the CPU temperature
Hi Juan,

That sort of functionality is not provided by the OS, it's provided by a
utility from the maker of the motherboard. Check with them for a
Vista-compatible software set designed for this. As this type of software
uses device drivers, it is essential that it be Vista compatible or it will
likely fail.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JuanP" <JuanP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news2A651F5-150D-4C81-88CC-205B640B9D6D@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> How do I monitor the CPU temperature in Windows Vista? There's no CPU
> temperature indicator in task manager->performance.
>
> Regards

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBIYWluZXM=?=

Re: Monitoring the CPU temperature
I use Speedfan to Monitor the Temps of my Motherboard/CPU.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> That sort of functionality is not provided by the OS, it's provided by a
> utility from the maker of the motherboard. Check with them for a
> Vista-compatible software set designed for this. As this type of software
> uses device drivers, it is essential that it be Vista compatible or it will
> likely fail.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "JuanP" <JuanP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news2A651F5-150D-4C81-88CC-205B640B9D6D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > How do I monitor the CPU temperature in Windows Vista? There's no CPU
> > temperature indicator in task manager->performance.
> >
> > Regards

Dustin

re:Monitoring the CPU temperature
I second Speedfan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php). It works
great, and has a hard drive monitor, temp monitor, fan control, etc.

micromouse is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Monitoring the CPU temperature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
I second Speedfan (SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer). It works
great, and has a hard drive monitor, temp monitor, fan control, etc.
Neat! I had a need for such a thing, googled it and here it was! I found speedfan installed very easily, was compatible with Vista Home Premium and gave me JUST what I needed! FYI, your linky above was broken, had an extra ) character at the end...I fixed it here in the reply so folks can click on the link above and go right to the speedfan site.

THANKS!
Mick Murphy

Re: Monitoring the CPU temperature
http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Have a look at the SIW Standalone one.
Click onSensors in left-hand column.
--
Mad Mike

"micromouse" wrote:

> Dustin;83384 Wrote:
> > I second Speedfan ('SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your
> > computer' (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php)). It works
> > great, and has a hard drive monitor, temp monitor, fan control, etc.

> Neat! I had a need for such a thing, googled it and here it was! I
> found speedfan installed very easily, was compatible with Vista Home
> Premium and gave me JUST what I needed! FYI, your linky above was
> broken, had an extra ) character at the end...I fixed it here in the
> reply so folks can click on the link above and go right to the speedfan
> site.
>
> THANKS!
>

> --
> micromouse

micromouse is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Monitoring the CPU temperature
Hey, that's pretty sweet too! I really just needed the temps so speedfan certainly fit the bill, but I DEFINITELY have use for SIW. What advantages are there to buying the Tech version?? I am a tech...if the functionality is better than Everest (and the price), I'm gonna have to pick that up! But the free version is definitely still the bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Murphy View Post
SIW | Download