vista on notebook

Kevin

vista on notebook
dear sir/madam

I'm using BenQ Joybook S53 notebook and installed the buid 6000 vista (x86)

I would like to enable the battery icon and change AC/DC power option
(shutdown windows and save doc when battery power gone), as I know that's
the function under "Windows Mobility Center", means under
//windows/system32/mblctr.exe \open, but when I'm open it, the reply is
"this is only for Mobile PC"....that's what I'm using.....lol

ps : one error driver can't installed right now....seems that is something
"Bus control ", is it is the point? also that driver I can't find any update
for vista yet in the offical web site...

looking for your reply and X'mas ^^

Kevin

Richard G. Harper

Re: vista on notebook
Windows Mobile Device Center is for Windows Mobile PCs ... Pocket PCs and
Smartphones ... not for laptop computers. You need to check with your
notebook manufacturer for device drivers for your laptop.

"Kevin" <ideaction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> dear sir/madam
>
> I'm using BenQ Joybook S53 notebook and installed the buid 6000 vista
> (x86)
>
> I would like to enable the battery icon and change AC/DC power option
> (shutdown windows and save doc when battery power gone), as I know that's
> the function under "Windows Mobility Center", means under
> //windows/system32/mblctr.exe \open, but when I'm open it, the reply is
> "this is only for Mobile PC"....that's what I'm using.....lol
>
> ps : one error driver can't installed right now....seems that is something
> "Bus control ", is it is the point? also that driver I can't find any
> update for vista yet in the offical web site...
>
> looking for your reply and X'mas ^^
>
> Kevin

Kerry Brown

Re: vista on notebook
The Windows Mobilty Center should work with a laptop. It may be that your
laptop is not compatible with vista or that you will have to wait for a
driver from the manufacturer before you can use all of the features of
Vista.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Kevin" <ideaction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> dear sir/madam
>
> I'm using BenQ Joybook S53 notebook and installed the buid 6000 vista
> (x86)
>
> I would like to enable the battery icon and change AC/DC power option
> (shutdown windows and save doc when battery power gone), as I know that's
> the function under "Windows Mobility Center", means under
> //windows/system32/mblctr.exe \open, but when I'm open it, the reply is
> "this is only for Mobile PC"....that's what I'm using.....lol
>
> ps : one error driver can't installed right now....seems that is something
> "Bus control ", is it is the point? also that driver I can't find any
> update for vista yet in the offical web site...
>
> looking for your reply and X'mas ^^
>
> Kevin

Richard G. Harper

Re: vista on notebook
It does work (probably), but it does not do what Kevin expects. Kevin
believed it was a laptop software package to enable SMBUS and power modes on
his laptop. Installing it will not help solve his problems.

> The Windows Mobilty Center should work with a laptop. It may be that your
> laptop is not compatible with vista or that you will have to wait for a
> driver from the manufacturer before you can use all of the features of
> Vista.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2
>

> "Kevin" <ideaction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> dear sir/madam
>>
>> I'm using BenQ Joybook S53 notebook and installed the buid 6000 vista
>> (x86)
>>
>> I would like to enable the battery icon and change AC/DC power option
>> (shutdown windows and save doc when battery power gone), as I know that's
>> the function under "Windows Mobility Center", means under
>> //windows/system32/mblctr.exe \open, but when I'm open it, the reply is
>> "this is only for Mobile PC"....that's what I'm using.....lol
>>
>> ps : one error driver can't installed right now....seems that is
>> something "Bus control ", is it is the point? also that driver I can't
>> find any update for vista yet in the offical web site...
>>
>> looking for your reply and X'mas ^^
>>
>> Kevin

Kerry Brown

Re: vista on notebook
The Windows Mobility Center allows me to change power plans, turn wireless
on/off and many other things to do with laptops and notebooks. At least it
does all this on my notebook :-)

For finer grained control of power settings the Power Options under Mobile
PC is a better choice but the Mobility Center does have some limited power
setting options and should run if he has the needed drivers.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

> It does work (probably), but it does not do what Kevin expects. Kevin
> believed it was a laptop software package to enable SMBUS and power modes
> on his laptop. Installing it will not help solve his problems.

>> The Windows Mobilty Center should work with a laptop. It may be that your
>> laptop is not compatible with vista or that you will have to wait for a
>> driver from the manufacturer before you can use all of the features of
>> Vista.
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2
>>

>> "Kevin" <ideaction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> dear sir/madam
>>>
>>> I'm using BenQ Joybook S53 notebook and installed the buid 6000 vista
>>> (x86)
>>>
>>> I would like to enable the battery icon and change AC/DC power option
>>> (shutdown windows and save doc when battery power gone), as I know
>>> that's the function under "Windows Mobility Center", means under
>>> //windows/system32/mblctr.exe \open, but when I'm open it, the reply is
>>> "this is only for Mobile PC"....that's what I'm using.....lol
>>>
>>> ps : one error driver can't installed right now....seems that is
>>> something "Bus control ", is it is the point? also that driver I can't
>>> find any update for vista yet in the offical web site...
>>>
>>> looking for your reply and X'mas ^^
>>>
>>> Kevin

Kevin

Re: vista on notebook
thanks for your reply, but the problem on my notebook is, I'm even can't
setup my notebook with power suppies on Mobile PC, it just seems like
desktop only, so, how can I let the Vista to know I'm using notebook?

please, if you can using msn to remote my notebook to see details or even
change setting for me?

my msn is ideaction@hotmail.com
thanks ^^

"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> 寫入訊息
> The Windows Mobility Center allows me to change power plans, turn wireless
> on/off and many other things to do with laptops and notebooks. At least it
> does all this on my notebook :-)
>
> For finer grained control of power settings the Power Options under Mobile
> PC is a better choice but the Mobility Center does have some limited power
> setting options and should run if he has the needed drivers.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2
>

> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>> It does work (probably), but it does not do what Kevin expects. Kevin
>> believed it was a laptop software package to enable SMBUS and power modes
>> on his laptop. Installing it will not help solve his problems.

>> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote in message
>>> The Windows Mobilty Center should work with a laptop. It may be that
>>> your laptop is not compatible with vista or that you will have to wait
>>> for a driver from the manufacturer before you can use all of the
>>> features of Vista.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kerry Brown
>>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>>> www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2

Kerry Brown

Re: vista on notebook
I don't do remote troubleshooting. You'll have to talk to the manufacturer
to find out if Vista is supported and if you need any special drivers or
BIOS updates. It sounds like it is not just a setting that needs to be
changed.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

> thanks for your reply, but the problem on my notebook is, I'm even can't
> setup my notebook with power suppies on Mobile PC, it just seems like
> desktop only, so, how can I let the Vista to know I'm using notebook?
>
> please, if you can using msn to remote my notebook to see details or even
> change setting for me?
>
> my msn is ideaction@hotmail.com
> thanks ^^
>
> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> 寫入訊息
>> The Windows Mobility Center allows me to change power plans, turn
>> wireless on/off and many other things to do with laptops and notebooks.
>> At least it does all this on my notebook :-)
>>
>> For finer grained control of power settings the Power Options under
>> Mobile PC is a better choice but the Mobility Center does have some
>> limited power setting options and should run if he has the needed
>> drivers.
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2
>>

>> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>>> It does work (probably), but it does not do what Kevin expects. Kevin
>>> believed it was a laptop software package to enable SMBUS and power
>>> modes on his laptop. Installing it will not help solve his problems.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
>>> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
>>> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
>>> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>>> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Kevin

Re: vista on notebook
right, that's what I'm thinking too, btw, thanks so much for you kindly
reply ^^

>I don't do remote troubleshooting. You'll have to talk to the manufacturer
>to find out if Vista is supported and if you need any special drivers or
>BIOS updates. It sounds like it is not just a setting that needs to be
>changed.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Kevin" <ideaction@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> thanks for your reply, but the problem on my notebook is, I'm even can't
>> setup my notebook with power suppies on Mobile PC, it just seems like
>> desktop only, so, how can I let the Vista to know I'm using notebook?
>>
>> please, if you can using msn to remote my notebook to see details or even
>> change setting for me?
>>
>> my msn is ideaction@hotmail.com
>> thanks ^^
>>
>> "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> 寫入訊息
>>> The Windows Mobility Center allows me to change power plans, turn
>>> wireless on/off and many other things to do with laptops and notebooks.
>>> At least it does all this on my notebook :-)
>>>
>>> For finer grained control of power settings the Power Options under
>>> Mobile PC is a better choice but the Mobility Center does have some
>>> limited power setting options and should run if he has the needed
>>> drivers.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kerry Brown
>>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>>> www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2

Kerry Brown

Re: vista on notebook
You're welcome. let us know how you make out.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User