No restore options using F8 at bootup

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpZWYxMjM=?=

No restore options using F8 at bootup
When trying to restore the computer from a system image backup, I read where
I can hit F8 at startup to "restore using the pre-installed recovery optons".
Unfortunately, there is no "Repair your computer" option on the Advanced Boot
Options when using F8.

How do I install Vista so as to have the "pre-installed recovery options"
available when using F8 at boot up?
Kevin

Re: No restore options using F8 at bootup
I just try the recovery function y'day, it need your vista install DVD to
bootup, then you can find the option settings ^^

moreover, it can go back even you haven't create the restore point, I like
this function ^^

Kevin

"chief123" <chief123@discussions.microsoft.com> 寫入訊息
> When trying to restore the computer from a system image backup, I read
> where
> I can hit F8 at startup to "restore using the pre-installed recovery
> optons".
> Unfortunately, there is no "Repair your computer" option on the Advanced
> Boot
> Options when using F8.
>
> How do I install Vista so as to have the "pre-installed recovery options"
> available when using F8 at boot up?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpZWYxMjM=?=

Re: No restore options using F8 at bootup

Yes. I understand that using the DVD will work; however, I have a need to be
able to access the recovery options using F8.

Thanks.

"Kevin" wrote:

> I just try the recovery function y'day, it need your vista install DVD to
> bootup, then you can find the option settings ^^
>
> moreover, it can go back even you haven't create the restore point, I like
> this function ^^
>
> Kevin
>

> "chief123" <chief123@discussions.microsoft.com> 寫入訊息
> > When trying to restore the computer from a system image backup, I read
> > where
> > I can hit F8 at startup to "restore using the pre-installed recovery
> > optons".
> > Unfortunately, there is no "Repair your computer" option on the Advanced
> > Boot
> > Options when using F8.
> >
> > How do I install Vista so as to have the "pre-installed recovery options"
> > available when using F8 at boot up?

=?Utf-8?B?aHlkcmE=?=

Re: No restore options using F8 at bootup
u need to create WinRE(Windows Recovery Environment) configuration ,

will appear the option after press F8

"chief123" wrote:

> Yes. I understand that using the DVD will work; however, I have a need to be
> able to access the recovery options using F8.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
> > I just try the recovery function y'day, it need your vista install DVD to
> > bootup, then you can find the option settings ^^
> >
> > moreover, it can go back even you haven't create the restore point, I like
> > this function ^^
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> > "chief123" <chief123@discussions.microsoft.com> 寫入訊息
> > > When trying to restore the computer from a system image backup, I read
> > > where
> > > I can hit F8 at startup to "restore using the pre-installed recovery
> > > optons".
> > > Unfortunately, there is no "Repair your computer" option on the Advanced
> > > Boot
> > > Options when using F8.
> > >
> > > How do I install Vista so as to have the "pre-installed recovery options"
> > > available when using F8 at boot up?

breinicke is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No restore options using F8 at bootup
I am having this same problem.
I have done a few restores already by just plugging in my external HD with the restore points, then press F8. about 30 minutes later, voi la, restored.
Now, it does not appear as an option. Is there a limit to the number of restores you can do? Why would it suddenly no longer appear? Using this restore saves me about 8 hours of installing all the software I keep loaded, so I really need this.