CPU at 100%

=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnk=?=

CPU at 100%
Happy Holidays to all:
I have installed Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384. Also installed are Office
2007 Trial and PCCillin 2007 internet security suite. Windows Explorer is
taking between 80 - 95% of the CPU and does not seem to consume less than 75%
of the resources at any time. This is making the system extremely slow and
nearly impossible to use. Has anyone run into this problem or better yet,
has anyone found a resolution? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry
mikeyhsd

Re: CPU at 100%
very possible is it the indexing that happens after initial install.
only way to be sure is to use Task Manager.

if it is it will slow down after a while, maybe hours or days depending on the size of the data base it is having to index.
you can check the indexing status from Control Panel Indexing Options.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF6031E6-E880-4DE1-B6DF-5364B46AD495@microsoft.com...
Happy Holidays to all:
I have installed Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384. Also installed are Office
2007 Trial and PCCillin 2007 internet security suite. Windows Explorer is
taking between 80 - 95% of the CPU and does not seem to consume less than 75%
of the resources at any time. This is making the system extremely slow and
nearly impossible to use. Has anyone run into this problem or better yet,
has anyone found a resolution? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry
=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnk=?=

Re: CPU at 100%
Thanks for the reply. Indexing has been turned off as has User Account
Control. Explorer.exe is running at between 70-90% as viewed in task
manager. Windows Explorer itself is not running. As you can imagine,
everything is slow to the point of frustration.

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> very possible is it the indexing that happens after initial install.
> only way to be sure is to use Task Manager.
>
> if it is it will slow down after a while, maybe hours or days depending on the size of the data base it is having to index.
> you can check the indexing status from Control Panel Indexing Options.
>

> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>

> "Barry" <Barry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF6031E6-E880-4DE1-B6DF-5364B46AD495@microsoft.com...
> Happy Holidays to all:
> I have installed Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384. Also installed are Office
> 2007 Trial and PCCillin 2007 internet security suite. Windows Explorer is
> taking between 80 - 95% of the CPU and does not seem to consume less than 75%
> of the resources at any time. This is making the system extremely slow and
> nearly impossible to use. Has anyone run into this problem or better yet,
> has anyone found a resolution? Your comments are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

HDFatBoy2003

Re: CPU at 100%
I never had much luck with Beta 2. It was painfully slow for me also. It's
one of the reason why I left Vista and went back to XP64, that was until I
got RC2 and it rocks ... now back on XP64 until nVidia releases a driver for
my new 8800GTS vid card