Cpu Clock speeed

=?Utf-8?B?ZG9uZGlt?=

Cpu Clock speeed
In using a computer with a intel E6300 @1.8GHz against a intel 925@ GHZ 3.0
would I notice the difference inn the computer spped
Richard G. Harper

Re: Cpu Clock speeed
No, they both fall at the same speed when dropped from the window or
balcony.

"dondim" <dondim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In using a computer with a intel E6300 @1.8GHz against a intel 925@ GHZ
> 3.0
> would I notice the difference inn the computer spped

mikeyhsd

Re: Cpu Clock speeed
would imagine the things that depend solely on the CPU would be faster.
total system speed would depend on the rest of the system.
like memory hard drives, video and such.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"dondim" <dondim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4080BC-4DB7-412F-A039-B4E61F82F796@microsoft.com...
In using a computer with a intel E6300 @1.8GHz against a intel 925@ GHZ 3.0
would I notice the difference inn the computer spped
=?Utf-8?B?RHVjazM=?=

Re: Cpu Clock speeed
Harper says: "No, they both fall at the same speed when dropped from the
window or balcony. "
Have you tested that?

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> would imagine the things that depend solely on the CPU would be faster.
> total system speed would depend on the rest of the system.
> like memory hard drives, video and such.
>

> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>

> "dondim" <dondim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4080BC-4DB7-412F-A039-B4E61F82F796@microsoft.com...
> In using a computer with a intel E6300 @1.8GHz against a intel 925@ GHZ 3.0
> would I notice the difference inn the computer spped

mikeyhsd

Re: Cpu Clock speeed
YES, did, the one with the larger case, interfering with air flow, was slower.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> would imagine the things that depend solely on the CPU would be faster.
> total system speed would depend on the rest of the system.
> like memory hard drives, video and such.
>

> mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com
>

> "dondim" <dondim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4080BC-4DB7-412F-A039-B4E61F82F796@microsoft.com...
> In using a computer with a intel E6300 @1.8GHz against a intel 925@ GHZ 3.0
> would I notice the difference inn the computer spped

Robert Moir

Re: Cpu Clock speeed
dondim wrote:
> In using a computer with a intel E6300 @1.8GHz against a intel 925@
> GHZ 3.0 would I notice the difference inn the computer spped

"Clock Speed" is of no use what-so-ever in comparing how two processors from
different 'families' will perform in comparison to each other.

see http://robertmoir.com/blogs/someone_...3/CPU-FAQ.aspx

Richard G. Harper

Re: Cpu Clock speeed
Ah! So now we're introducing variables into the equation, eh?

That's easy - make sure you drop the large case with the air input area
facing down. If the case has good airflow it will fall at the same rate as
the smaller, cheaper case. If not then it has poor airflow and you would
not have wanted to run it anyway. ;-)

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message
YES, did, the one with the larger case, interfering with air flow, was
slower.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Cpu Clock speeed
Sure have - I test it all the time at friends' and acquaintances' houses.
Want me to come over and demo it for you? <GD&RVVF>