Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

vista photos screen saver

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2007
אלון
 

Posts: n/a
vista photos screen saver
Hello all
I saw at my friend house that there is a possibility to set the photos
screen saver to show the slide show in artistic way-like a designed photo
album.
I tried to find that option in my system but could not find it.I only have
the option to choose the slide show speed.
in the graphics experience score I have 3.5
does someone know what I can do?does this option only exist in some version
and in others does not?
thanks for the help
Alon
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2007
brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver

אלון;532006 Wrote:
> Hello all
> I saw at my friend house that there is a possibility to set the photos
> screen saver to show the slide show in artistic way-like a designed
> photo
> album.
> I tried to find that option in my system but could not find it.I only
> have
> the option to choose the slide show speed.
> in the graphics experience score I have 3.5
> does someone know what I can do?does this option only exist in some
> version
> and in others does not?
> thanks for the help
> Alon


Hi Alon,

Do you have the option to check "Shuffle contents"? It should be there
under the Slide Show Speed. You will need to have more than one image in
the selected folder to.

Shawn


--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2007
אלון
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver
10x for the quick help.I do have the "shuffle contents" checkbox,but this and
the slide show speed dropdown menu are the only buttons in there.anf dor the
folder-I have a lot of pics inside,a lot more than one.
any other suggestions?

"brink" wrote:

>
> אלון;532006 Wrote:
> > Hello all
> > I saw at my friend house that there is a possibility to set the photos
> > screen saver to show the slide show in artistic way-like a designed
> > photo
> > album.
> > I tried to find that option in my system but could not find it.I only
> > have
> > the option to choose the slide show speed.
> > in the graphics experience score I have 3.5
> > does someone know what I can do?does this option only exist in some
> > version
> > and in others does not?
> > thanks for the help
> > Alon

>
> Hi Alon,
>
> Do you have the option to check "Shuffle contents"? It should be there
> under the Slide Show Speed. You will need to have more than one image in
> the selected folder to.
>
> Shawn
>
>
> --
> brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2007
Michael Palumbo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver


"אלון" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:90097F21-0361-4CF5-96C5-84292397CCF2@microsoft.com...
> 10x for the quick help.I do have the "shuffle contents" checkbox,but this
> and
> the slide show speed dropdown menu are the only buttons in there.anf dor
> the
> folder-I have a lot of pics inside,a lot more than one.
> any other suggestions?
>
> "brink" wrote:
>
>>
>> אלון;532006 Wrote:
>> > Hello all
>> > I saw at my friend house that there is a possibility to set the photos
>> > screen saver to show the slide show in artistic way-like a designed
>> > photo
>> > album.
>> > I tried to find that option in my system but could not find it.I only
>> > have
>> > the option to choose the slide show speed.
>> > in the graphics experience score I have 3.5
>> > does someone know what I can do?does this option only exist in some
>> > version
>> > and in others does not?
>> > thanks for the help
>> > Alon

>>
>> Hi Alon,
>>
>> Do you have the option to check "Shuffle contents"? It should be there
>> under the Slide Show Speed. You will need to have more than one image in
>> the selected folder to.
>>
>> Shawn
>>
>>
>> --
>> brink
>>
>> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
>> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
>> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>>


See the drop box next to the text; Use this theme?

This is where you choose the type of slideshow the screen saver uses.

The one that sort of looks like a photo album is simply titled "Album"

Mic

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2007
alon2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver

brink;532227 Wrote:
> Ok Alon,
>
> Your friend is probably using the "Use this theme" feature with his
> pictures. In the Photos screen saver settings, click on the "How do I
> customize my screen saver?" Help link at the bottom in blue. It will
> explain how to do it.
>
> Since all you see is the "Slide Show Speed" like me, then your video
> card is probably not strong enough to support this feature.
>
> "In order to see your screen saver with high-quality visuals (including
> themes and transitions), you need to have a subscore of 3.0 for the
> Graphics category in the Windows Experience Index. Some themes also
> require your computers graphics card to have a feature called Vertex
> Shader 2.0. To take advantage of all slide show capabilities, you might
> need to upgrade to a more powerful graphics card."
>
> Sorry,
> Shawn


hello Shawn and thank you for your response.
I guess you are right cause that is the only option left but I stiil
not 100% sure.in the windows experience index I have 3.5,and in the
graphic catagory I have 3.5,which is enough according to the help
section.about my graphic card-I'm using NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400 GS 256
MB-untill now I thought that this is a good video card...I guess it's
not good enough for vista...
do you think this is the problem?


--
alon2
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2007
brink
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver

alon2;533130 Wrote:
> hello Shawn and thank you for your response.
> I guess you are right cause that is the only option left but I stiil
> not 100% sure.in the windows experience index I have 3.5,and in the
> graphic catagory I have 3.5,which is enough according to the help
> section.about my graphic card-I'm using NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400 GS 256
> MB-untill now I thought that this is a good video card...I guess it's
> not good enough for vista...
> do you think this is the problem?


Alon,

I suppose so. You can try using a newer video driver, if available,
and run the Windows Experience Index again to see if it helps any.

I only have a 2.5, so I guess I'll never know that feature. (LOL)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...tml#post468847

Shawn


--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2007
alon2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver

brink;533140 Wrote:
> Alon,
>
> I suppose so. You can try using a newer video driver, if available, and
> run the Windows Experience Index again to see if it helps any.
>
> I only have a 2.5, so I guess I'll never know that feature. (LOL)
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...tml#post468847
>
> Shawn


o.k so I did as you said-and updated my driver.it didn't help...
I talked with my friend(same one that on his machine I saw the album
option)he says he got NVIDIA GEFORCE 7400 so mine is better...again it
doesn't make any sense.maybe its something that gotta to do with the
version?he got vista ultimate 32 bit,and I got busniess edition 32
bit...
do you think that is the reason?


--
alon2
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2007
Bob J
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver
The version of Vista hqas noyhing to do with your problem!!!!!!!!
Have you downloaded the driver from the link below>
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.75.html
How much RAM do you have?
I have a 7600gs GC with a index of 4.5 so you card should be OK
I tried a slide show srceensaver and all OK.

--
Regards
Bob J
If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
another source,post back & let us know.
Then we all benefit.



"alon2" wrote:

>
> brink;533140 Wrote:
> > Alon,
> >
> > I suppose so. You can try using a newer video driver, if available, and
> > run the Windows Experience Index again to see if it helps any.
> >
> > I only have a 2.5, so I guess I'll never know that feature. (LOL)
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...tml#post468847
> >
> > Shawn

>
> o.k so I did as you said-and updated my driver.it didn't help...
> I talked with my friend(same one that on his machine I saw the album
> option)he says he got NVIDIA GEFORCE 7400 so mine is better...again it
> doesn't make any sense.maybe its something that gotta to do with the
> version?he got vista ultimate 32 bit,and I got busniess edition 32
> bit...
> do you think that is the reason?
>
>
> --
> alon2
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2007
alon2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver

Bob J;533340 Wrote:
> The version of Vista hqas noyhing to do with your problem!!!!!!!!
> Have you downloaded the driver from the link below>
> 'ForceWare Release 163'
> (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.75.html)
> How much RAM do you have?
> I have a 7600gs GC with a index of 4.5 so you card should be OK
> I tried a slide show srceensaver and all OK.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
> another source,post back & let us know.
> Then we all benefit.
>
>
>
> "alon2" wrote:


I downloaded the driver from the same place.in my machine I hace 4Gb
ram and in the video card I have 256MB.as I said before my graphic index
is 3.5.
and Bob just to see tat you understand-I can initate the photos screen
saver but I can't put it in album mode...
hope you can help me
Alon


--
alon2
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2007
Michael Palumbo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista photos screen saver


"alon2" <alon2.310u32@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
news:alon2.310u32@no-mx.forums.net...
>
> Bob J;533340 Wrote:
>> The version of Vista hqas noyhing to do with your problem!!!!!!!!
>> Have you downloaded the driver from the link below>
>> 'ForceWare Release 163'
>> (http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_163.75.html)
>> How much RAM do you have?
>> I have a 7600gs GC with a index of 4.5 so you card should be OK
>> I tried a slide show srceensaver and all OK.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob J
>> If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
>> another source,post back & let us know.
>> Then we all benefit.
>>
>>
>>
>> "alon2" wrote:

>
> I downloaded the driver from the same place.in my machine I hace 4Gb
> ram and in the video card I have 256MB.as I said before my graphic index
> is 3.5.
> and Bob just to see tat you understand-I can initate the photos screen
> saver but I can't put it in album mode...
> hope you can help me
> Alon
>
>
> --
> alon2


Did you click the drop box and choose Album????? That's all there is to it.

Mic

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My photos screen saver with path of file names showing (gone in vista).. fix or alternative? markm75 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 01-14-2009 04:59
Photos Screen Saver will not work =?Utf-8?B?U2NvcmNo?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 01-26-2008 03:26
Screen saver distorts photos Indian4Rider microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 11-24-2007 15:31
Screen Saver Photos Bat microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 05-31-2007 21:31
Subfolders in Photos screen saver Jim microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 04-26-2007 05:08




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:19.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120