creating recovery disk

kesavan

creating recovery disk
Hi ,

Fine and wish the same.

iam facing problem in creating recovery disk in windows vista basic, i tried
to take a backup of recovery disk from Recovery Manager--> Recovery disk
creation for the first time.

i tried to write in DVD, as per the instruction i had 2 DVD and started
writing it, after completing the 1st disk, it asked me to insert 2nd one and
i did the same, but after few minutes it showed me error like " you have to
insert the same type of disk like what you used before DVD R +/- type"

i was using the same brand that too using the 2 DVD of same box.still showed
error and i cant take the recovery disk. i have taken one of the two.i cant
complete the second DVD. when ever i try for that it starts from the point
where it left and ask me to insert the 2nd disk of same type.

now i dont have the recovery disk.i bought this laptop last week.

what do i do now ?

Malke

Re: creating recovery disk
kesavan wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Fine and wish the same.
>
> iam facing problem in creating recovery disk in windows vista basic, i tried
> to take a backup of recovery disk from Recovery Manager--> Recovery disk
> creation for the first time.
>

> i tried to write in DVD, as per the instruction i had 2 DVD and started
> writing it, after completing the 1st disk, it asked me to insert 2nd one and
> i did the same, but after few minutes it showed me error like " you have to
> insert the same type of disk like what you used before DVD R +/- type"
>
> i was using the same brand that too using the 2 DVD of same box.still showed
> error and i cant take the recovery disk. i have taken one of the two.i cant
> complete the second DVD. when ever i try for that it starts from the point
> where it left and ask me to insert the 2nd disk of same type.
>
> now i dont have the recovery disk.i bought this laptop last week.
>
> what do i do now ?

The Recovery Disk creation is not a Vista utility. It belongs to your
computer mftr. Contact their tech support for help in creating the
Recovery Disks and/or having physical Recovery Disks sent to you.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com