QuickTime

Alan D

QuickTime
Having spent literally hours solving hardware and software problems
associated with the Vista Home Premium 32 pre-installed on my new PC, I keep
finding odd things which don’t work when I have occasion to use try to use
them!

Really hoping someone out there can help with latest 3 problems I have
encountered (all of which worked perfectly on old PC running XP), as I have
now wasted many more unsuccessful hours in trying to cure them!

For ease of posting, have separated into 3 questions:
3) QuickTime 7 will not open normally, with Windows instantly closing it.
This also happens if I go by different route and select a .mov file.
QuickTime will open if I Run as Administrator, but this does not enable it to
be used in a video file conversion program (which needs to use components of
QuickTime).

--
Thanks,
Alan
Andy

Re: QuickTime
Hi

Well, that Run as Admin-problem really bugs me too. I can't solve the
problem,
but suggest a different way... I'm using Vista Codec Pack on my new Vista
Home Premium and it works fine with .MOV.
I used to run QT on my old XP - but now I don't have to.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...ec_Package.htm

Andy

"Alan D" <AlanD@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Having spent literally hours solving hardware and software problems
> associated with the Vista Home Premium 32 pre-installed on my new PC, I
> keep
> finding odd things which don’t work when I have occasion to use try to use
> them!
>
> Really hoping someone out there can help with latest 3 problems I have
> encountered (all of which worked perfectly on old PC running XP), as I
> have
> now wasted many more unsuccessful hours in trying to cure them!
>
> For ease of posting, have separated into 3 questions:
> 3) QuickTime 7 will not open normally, with Windows instantly closing it.
> This also happens if I go by different route and select a .mov file.
> QuickTime will open if I Run as Administrator, but this does not enable it
> be used in a video file conversion program (which needs to use components
> of
> QuickTime).
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Alan

Alan D

Re: QuickTime
Hi Andy,
Many thanks, that solution worked fine, including in video file conversion
program.

--
Thanks,
Alan