Can't Update Turbotax Delux 2007

NormW

Can't Update Turbotax Delux 2007
I am running windows vista ultimate, 32 bit version. I cannot update
Turbotax 2007 on my machine. The disk installs ok on my wife's windows xp
machine but it needs to work on my computer. I've tried all the suggestions
made by ttax support, including turning off windows firewall, anti-virus
program etc. Is there any information out there that helps with this
problem. The program installs from the cd, then it asks if you want to check
for updates, it checks and gives you a specific number, say 10 updates are
available, but when you click to download, it goes into an endless cycle of
waiting to connect to the update server. It never connects! Any help would
be appreciated.

JimW

Re: Can't Update Turbotax Delux 2007
It is a known issue. Have the same problem.

If you right click and run TT as administrator, it does not enter the 10
update loop

There are not really 10 updates, but it is an issue they know about. Took
me elevating about four times before I could get some real help.

BTW, if you select "remind me later" and choose NOT to download these 10
phantom updates, it crashes the program on my PC--100% repeatable.

"NormW" <normw@cox.net> wrote in message
>I am running windows vista ultimate, 32 bit version. I cannot update
>Turbotax 2007 on my machine. The disk installs ok on my wife's windows xp
>machine but it needs to work on my computer. I've tried all the
>suggestions made by ttax support, including turning off windows firewall,
>anti-virus program etc. Is there any information out there that helps with
>this problem. The program installs from the cd, then it asks if you want to
>check for updates, it checks and gives you a specific number, say 10
>updates are available, but when you click to download, it goes into an
>endless cycle of waiting to connect to the update server. It never
>connects! Any help would be appreciated.

jathoms is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TT updating solution!
I had the same problem and found a solution from someone on the Intuit Live Community boards.

if your computer ever had Mcafee on it (and my gateway came with it), then even if you removed it using the windows removal tool, it won't allow TT to update. You have to use the McAfee removal tool, located at the link below.

I was so excited to find this I had to share. It worked for me, and I hope it will for you!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe
Mark

Re: Can't Update Turbotax Delux 2007
Also, if you've moved the Documents folder from it's default path, TTax will
not update. Put it back where it belongs, perform the update.

"jathoms" <jathoms.34s2si@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I had the same problem and found a solution from someone on the Intuit
> Live Community boards.
>
> if your computer ever had Mcafee on it (and my gateway came with it),
> then even if you removed it using the windows removal tool, it won't
> allow TT to update. You have to use the McAfee removal tool, located at
> the link below.
>
> I was so excited to find this I had to share. It worked for me, and I
> hope it will for you!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mzk9z
>

> --
> jathoms

scs708's Avatar

Location: Ypsilanti, MI
scs708 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So are you saying I have to remove McAfee from my system before I can get Turbo Tax to update? I have McAfee Enterprise 8.5 installed with Home Premium and it works fine. Is there some setting I can temporarily disable to get TT to work?
b-rod

Re: Can't Update Turbotax Delux 2007
I had the same problem. My Dell laptop came with a trial version of McAfee
so I decided to try your suggestion. I went to the link provided by jathoms
and downloaded McAfee's removal program. When I clicked "Run," my laptop
crashed, and the hard drive was so damaged, it had to be replaced. The new
hard drive came empty (no McAfee.) When I installed the Vista Home Premium
operating system on the new hard drive and then installed Turbotax, Turbotax
went rright to the update server without any problem. But this was a very
painful path to the desired result.

This may have been a coincidence - I just don't know. Did anyone else have
problems with this link, or use it with success?

"jathoms" wrote:

> I had the same problem and found a solution from someone on the Intuit
> Live Community boards.
>
> if your computer ever had Mcafee on it (and my gateway came with it),
> then even if you removed it using the windows removal tool, it won't
> allow TT to update. You have to use the McAfee removal tool, located at
> the link below.
>
> I was so excited to find this I had to share. It worked for me, and I
> hope it will for you!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mzk9z
>

> --
> jathoms

budnfrog

jathoms;612865 Wrote:
> I had the same problem and found a solution from someone on the Intuit
> Live Community boards.
>
> if your computer ever had Mcafee on it (and my gateway came with it),
> then even if you removed it using the windows removal tool, it won't
> allow TT to update. You have to use the McAfee removal tool, located
> at
> the link below.
>
> I was so excited to find this I had to share. It worked for me, and I
> hope it will for you!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mzk9z
>

> --
> jathoms

I could just kiss you! I have been messing with this for TWO DAYS,
doing everything they suggested and I found this board and your reply
and IT WORKED!
Thanks so much!

--
budnfrog