Real Player has stopped responding. Help!!!!

Annette

Real Player has stopped responding. Help!!!!
Hi, I purchased my computer back in February of this year, and it came with
Windows Vista on it, and so far I absolutely despise it!!! Everytime I try
and do anything with RealPlayer or photo projects the computer stops
responding. I have gone to
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo.../#comment-7721,
and have tried almost all of the fixes that are suggested there or through
the Vista forums.

I tried the ffdshow, and the XVid, and it would work for a little while
(meaning a day), but then my RealPlayer still stops responding. Also when I
try to download the update for RealPlayer it won't even do that, because it
stops responding. I am so sick and tired of trying to fix this problem for
the last 6 mos!!! HELP!

Thanks,

Annette

MICHAEL

Re: Real Player has stopped responding. Help!!!!
"Annette" <frehner45@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I purchased my computer back in February of this year, and it came with
> Windows Vista on it, and so far I absolutely despise it!!! Everytime I try
> and do anything with RealPlayer or photo projects the computer stops
> responding. I have gone to
> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo.../#comment-7721,
> and have tried almost all of the fixes that are suggested there or through the Vista forums.
>
> I tried the ffdshow, and the XVid, and it would work for a little while (meaning a day), but
> then my RealPlayer still stops responding. Also when I try to download the update for
> RealPlayer it won't even do that, because it stops responding. I am so sick and tired of
> trying to fix this problem for the last 6 mos!!! HELP!

Try uninstalling RealPlayer. Then download the install program
from here http://www.real.com/freeplayer?rppr=fed

Which version of RealPlayer are using? v10 or the beta?
At the download link above, both versions are listed. I have
actually seen folks say that the beta works better with Vista
than RealPlayer 10. Of course, that doesn't mean everyone.

Another alternative after uninstalling RealPlayer, is to use
Real Alternative Regular 1.60
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1054136293/1

Also- what sort of codec pack did you install?
Be very careful of those packs... they can cause
strange things to happen.

Is there a specific reason why you want to use the
RealPlayer? Just curious because the real format
itself is hardly used anymore. Do you just like it
as your media player?

-Michael