tv_ConfigMgrErr24 & multiple entries in Device Manager

corwin

tv_ConfigMgrErr24 & multiple entries in Device Manager
Hi,

bought a new pc (Duo core 3GHz, 4 Gb RAM, GTX8800, Vista Home Premium 64)
with big stability problems. I don't think the following problem is related,
but getting more & more clueless on how to resolve I thought I'll start with
the basics and solve the issue Vista identified first:

the reliability & performance monitor returns the following error:
"
Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its
drivers installed.
The device, PS/2 Keyboard, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24".
Plug and Play ID ACPI\PNP0303\4-20D7719E-0
"
In the details, the service is identified as "i8042prt".

In the basic system checks, I presume the same problem presents itself in
the PlugAndPlay Device Configured Fail Count with 1 failed count.

I use my keyboard (Logitech G15) normally though, and the device manager
shows no warnings. What is strange, is that in the device manager/keyboards
section, there are two entries: originally 2x "HID Keyboard Device" (both
"working properly"), but I forced one to "Logitech HID-compliant keyboard" by
updating drivers while trying to solve this problem.
Also, in the Device manager/HID section, I have 10 entries for only 2 USB
connections (keyboard & mouse):
1 HID compliant consumer control device
4 HID compliant device
5 USB Human Interface Device

I have installed Logitech mouse & keyboard driver, as well as Setpoint.
Needless to say, all drivers & Vista are up to date.

Now my questions:
- 2 keyboard entries: normal?
- 10 USB entries: normal?
- how to resolve the error message if I don't see a problem in device
manager and all drivers always install successfully?
- Also, I cannot reconcile the PNP-id in the report with device ids in the
device manager so I don't even know exactly which device it is talking about.
Ideas?

Thanks for your help!
corwin
peter c.a.hawkins

RE: tv_ConfigMgrErr24 & multiple entries in Device Manager
hi,i had this all of a sudden on my hp media center.my solution was to go
into the bios and click on enabled not auto-detect ps2.
there is a thread on i8042 prt which i asked about as i got that error.do a
search of this forum.