Missing Progam Name in Start/All Programs

smartsnake

Missing Progam Name in Start/All Programs

My desktip pc's os is Windows Vista Home Basic.

I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
The program name Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is shown both under
Start/All Programs list and also Start/Control Panel/Programs.

I click on Start/All Programs and drag Microsoft Office Home and Student
2007 to the desk to create shortcut. Later I find Microsoft Office Home and
Student 2007 program name has disappeared from Start/All Programs list. Then
I know I make a mistake.

I double check Start/Control Panel/Programs, and see the Microsoft Office
Home and Student 2007 remains there. A kind of releif.

How do I add back Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in Start/All
Programs list ?

Thanks
Rick Rogers

Re: Missing Progam Name in Start/All Programs
Hi,

Copy the icons on the desktop back to this directory:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

Simply right click them and select copy, then open Windows Explorer to the
above folder. Locate the Office folder and open (double click) it, then
click edit/paste.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"smartsnake" <smartsnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My desktip pc's os is Windows Vista Home Basic.
>
> I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
> The program name Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is shown both
> under
> Start/All Programs list and also Start/Control Panel/Programs.
>
> I click on Start/All Programs and drag Microsoft Office Home and Student
> 2007 to the desk to create shortcut. Later I find Microsoft Office Home
> and
> Student 2007 program name has disappeared from Start/All Programs list.
> Then
> I know I make a mistake.
>
> I double check Start/Control Panel/Programs, and see the Microsoft Office
> Home and Student 2007 remains there. A kind of releif.
>
> How do I add back Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in Start/All
> Programs list ?
>
> Thanks

smartsnake

Re: Missing Progam Name in Start/All Programs
Hi Rick,

I see Windows Explorer after typing Windows Explorer in Start Search. After
clicking Windows Explorer, my Documents page opens. I only see My Downloads,
My received Files, and My sharing Folders.
I do not see Office folder and where can I find it.
Kindly advise.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Copy the icons on the desktop back to this directory:
> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
>
> Simply right click them and select copy, then open Windows Explorer to the
> above folder. Locate the Office folder and open (double click) it, then
> click edit/paste.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "smartsnake" <smartsnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > My desktip pc's os is Windows Vista Home Basic.
> >
> > I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
> > The program name Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is shown both
> > under
> > Start/All Programs list and also Start/Control Panel/Programs.
> >
> > I click on Start/All Programs and drag Microsoft Office Home and Student
> > 2007 to the desk to create shortcut. Later I find Microsoft Office Home
> > and
> > Student 2007 program name has disappeared from Start/All Programs list.
> > Then
> > I know I make a mistake.
> >
> > I double check Start/Control Panel/Programs, and see the Microsoft Office
> > Home and Student 2007 remains there. A kind of releif.
> >
> > How do I add back Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in Start/All
> > Programs list ?
> >
> > Thanks

Rick Rogers

Re: Missing Progam Name in Start/All Programs
Hi,

Type it into the address bar at the top.

--

> Hi Rick,
>
> I see Windows Explorer after typing Windows Explorer in Start Search.
> After
> clicking Windows Explorer, my Documents page opens. I only see My
> Downloads,
> My received Files, and My sharing Folders.
> I do not see Office folder and where can I find it.
> Kindly advise.
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Copy the icons on the desktop back to this directory:
>> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
>>
>> Simply right click them and select copy, then open Windows Explorer to
>> the
>> above folder. Locate the Office folder and open (double click) it, then
>> click edit/paste.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "smartsnake" <smartsnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > My desktip pc's os is Windows Vista Home Basic.
>> >
>> > I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
>> > The program name Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 is shown both
>> > under
>> > Start/All Programs list and also Start/Control Panel/Programs.
>> >
>> > I click on Start/All Programs and drag Microsoft Office Home and
>> > Student
>> > 2007 to the desk to create shortcut. Later I find Microsoft Office Home
>> > and
>> > Student 2007 program name has disappeared from Start/All Programs list.
>> > Then
>> > I know I make a mistake.
>> >
>> > I double check Start/Control Panel/Programs, and see the Microsoft
>> > Office
>> > Home and Student 2007 remains there. A kind of releif.
>> >
>> > How do I add back Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 in Start/All
>> > Programs list ?
>> >
>> > Thanks

smartsnake

Re: Missing Progam Name in Start/All Programs
Thanks Rick, done and resolved.

smartsnake

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Type it into the address bar at the top.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "smartsnake" <smartsnake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Rick,
> >
> > I see Windows Explorer after typing Windows Explorer in Start Search.
> > After
> > clicking Windows Explorer, my Documents page opens. I only see My
> > Downloads,
> > My received Files, and My sharing Folders.
> > I do not see Office folder and where can I find it.
> > Kindly advise.
> >

> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Copy the icons on the desktop back to this directory:
> >> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
> >>
> >> Simply right click them and select copy, then open Windows Explorer to
> >> the
> >> above folder. Locate the Office folder and open (double click) it, then
> >> click edit/paste.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

titere05

Re: Missing Progam Name in Start/All Programs

EDIT: Sorry, posted in the wrong thread by mistake. Can someone please
delete this? Thanks!

--
titere05