Battery Icon Flashing

amalgamdavid

Battery Icon Flashing
Hi:

I experienced a 3-hour power outage yesterday, and today, I hear this very
faint beeping sound, and I see my battery icon flashing at the bottom of my
mousepad. I did not shut the computer off during the power outage, I figured
it would automatically go into a safe mode. It's a relatively brand new
computer, about 9 months old. Any suggestions
--
captainamerica
Dwarf

RE: Battery Icon Flashing
Hi,

What you are hearing and seeing is the low battery alarm. Since most laptops
can run on a battery for upto 2 hours before it is recommended that they are
recharged and you have experienced a 3 hour power outage and left your laptop
on throughout, then your battery is probably nearly or completely flat. If
your battery is in good condition, then this alarm should stop once the
battery reaches a certain level of charge. When running on battery, most
laptops can hibernate and power down automatically when the battery level
falls below a preset threshold, but this might not have been setup in your
laptop's power options. To do this, refer to the manual thnat came with your
laptop.
Dwarf

"amalgamdavid" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I experienced a 3-hour power outage yesterday, and today, I hear this very
> faint beeping sound, and I see my battery icon flashing at the bottom of my
> mousepad. I did not shut the computer off during the power outage, I figured
> it would automatically go into a safe mode. It's a relatively brand new
> computer, about 9 months old. Any suggestions
> --
> captainamerica

amalgamdavid

RE: Battery Icon Flashing