Am presented with Vista Home Premium - Am trying to learn the rope

Ladynobug

Am presented with Vista Home Premium - Am trying to learn the rope
Wonder of anyone has help ideas for me to learn to operate Windows Vista Home
Premium (present from my brother), specially to
- set up workable user accounts,
- clean away unneccessary 'window'dressing' in email and Explorer;
- if it is possible to increase the hard drive by using both sides
- what security software is part of the package
- if it is compatible with 'SpeedUpMyPC' and 'Easycleaner' to clear away
excess duplicate files,
- it if is provided with a user-friendly manual to address registry errors
etc,
- if it has a facility to REALLY delete (shred) files to enable memory
recovery
- if updates will be or are available to address the user accounts problem
because this really scares me to use Vista at all?
--
Thank you for listening to Ladynobug
Malke

Re: Am presented with Vista Home Premium - Am trying to learn therope
Ladynobug wrote:
> Wonder of anyone has help ideas for me to learn to operate Windows Vista Home
> Premium (present from my brother), specially to
> - set up workable user accounts,
> - clean away unneccessary 'window'dressing' in email and Explorer;
> - if it is possible to increase the hard drive by using both sides
> - what security software is part of the package
> - if it is compatible with 'SpeedUpMyPC' and 'Easycleaner' to clear away
> excess duplicate files,
> - it if is provided with a user-friendly manual to address registry errors
> etc,
> - if it has a facility to REALLY delete (shred) files to enable memory
> recovery
> - if updates will be or are available to address the user accounts problem
> because this really scares me to use Vista at all?

Homepage - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx
Vista Tips & Tricks - http://www.windowsvistatnt.com/
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/vista_faq.htm
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/index.htm
http://www.winhelponline.com

Windows Vista: The Missing Manual (Amazon link)
http://tinyurl.com/yrapl5

Windows Vista for Starters: The Missing Manual (Amazon link)
http://tinyurl.com/2xhxqc

Windows Vista in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference (Amazon link)
http://tinyurl.com/yslhvn

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Ladynobug

Re: Am presented with Vista Home Premium - Am trying to learn the

--
Thank you for listening to Ladynobug

Thank you Malke, I see I have to spend many hours in what I wish was a
sinple click on the power button and off we go! So much to read, and only so
many hours in the day, she whinges??? I have better stuff to do than this, or
doing dishes.
I did receive notification in email about your response, but only the top
line of a very long browser address was highlighted ... I will do what I can
and thank you very much for your reply.

"Malke" wrote:

> Ladynobug wrote:
> > Wonder of anyone has help ideas for me to learn to operate Windows Vista Home
> > Premium (present from my brother), specially to
> > - set up workable user accounts,
> > - clean away unneccessary 'window'dressing' in email and Explorer;
> > - if it is possible to increase the hard drive by using both sides
> > - what security software is part of the package
> > - if it is compatible with 'SpeedUpMyPC' and 'Easycleaner' to clear away
> > excess duplicate files,
> > - it if is provided with a user-friendly manual to address registry errors
> > etc,
> > - if it has a facility to REALLY delete (shred) files to enable memory
> > recovery
> > - if updates will be or are available to address the user accounts problem
> > because this really scares me to use Vista at all?

> Homepage - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.aspx
> Vista Tips & Tricks - http://www.windowsvistatnt.com/
> http://vistasupport.mvps.org/vista_faq.htm
> http://vistasupport.mvps.org/index.htm
> http://www.winhelponline.com
>
> Windows Vista: The Missing Manual (Amazon link)
> http://tinyurl.com/yrapl5
>
> Windows Vista for Starters: The Missing Manual (Amazon link)
> http://tinyurl.com/2xhxqc
>
> Windows Vista in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference (Amazon link)
> http://tinyurl.com/yslhvn
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

John Hanley

Re: Am presented with Vista Home Premium - Am trying to learn the rope
Just for interest: some of the books referenced below can be checked out of
your local library. I learned a lot by checking out "Windows Vista Step by
Step". By going through the book page by page with the book open in front
of your computer, you can learn a lot too.