Blank Page

yvonne101

Blank Page
Just about every session I get a "blank page" suddenly popping up. Easy to
get rid of with the task manager but extremely annoying . Is this a Vista
problem or should I look at the the hardware retailer.
Malke

Re: Blank Page
yvonne101 wrote:
> Just about every session I get a "blank page" suddenly popping up. Easy to
> get rid of with the task manager but extremely annoying . Is this a Vista
> problem or should I look at the the hardware retailer.

It doesn't sound like hardware but since you haven't said in what
application this "blank page" occurs and what you mean by "every
session", I can't give you more specific advice. Take a look at these
links and then come back with more details:

How to Post:

Also:

The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time
things worked and the time they didn't?

The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the
malware/virus status of the machine? If you think it is clean, what
programs (and versions) did you use to determine this?

Be sure the computer is clean:

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
yvonne101

Re: Blank Page

"Malke" wrote:

> yvonne101 wrote:
> > Just about every session I get a "blank page" suddenly popping up. Easy to
> > get rid of with the task manager but extremely annoying . Is this a Vista
> > problem or should I look at the the hardware retailer.

> It doesn't sound like hardware but since you haven't said in what
> application this "blank page" occurs and what you mean by "every
> session", I can't give you more specific advice. Take a look at these
> links and then come back with more details:
>
> How to Post:
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 - How to Ask a Question
>
> Also:
>

> The First Question Of Troubleshooting: what changed between the time
> things worked and the time they didn't?
>
> The Second Question of Windows Troubleshooting: what is the
> malware/virus status of the machine? If you think it is clean, what
> programs (and versions) did you use to determine this?
>
> Be sure the computer is clean:
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Thanks for reply but it didn't tell me much and I haven't the inclination to read thru thousands of links to find the answer.

As to Spyware malware and any other intrusions I have Norton 360 and Windows
ets; to watch over things for me. By a session I mean when I switch my
computer on at some period of the day until I close it down for the day. I
have Windows Vista home premium on a new computer so there should be not a
problem in that area. It has happened ever since I got the computer with
vista installed, a few months ago.
Malke

Re: Blank Page
yvonne101 wrote:

>> Thanks for reply but it didn't tell me much and I haven't the inclination to read thru thousands of links to find the answer.

> As to Spyware malware and any other intrusions I have Norton 360 and Windows
> ets; to watch over things for me. By a session I mean when I switch my
> computer on at some period of the day until I close it down for the day. I
> have Windows Vista home premium on a new computer so there should be not a
> problem in that area. It has happened ever since I got the computer with
> vista installed, a few months ago.

Yes, but in what program does the blank page appear? What do you mean by
"blank page"? Remember that we can't see your computer and what is
perfectly clear to you is not to people just reading your post.

Malke