Bios

mattc908

Bios

I installed Vista on an older computer and the BIO's stopped working,
not literally like everytime the computer reboots it automatically loads
vista, but I need it to boot from a CD. When the computer starts it says
F2 for Bios configuration, I press F2 and eventully tried to spam it
after a couple of attempts. Nothing I tried all the F keys and delete.
Nothing, Vista loads fine but I need it to boot form a CD for a project
Im working on. Any setting in vista that might be able to accomplish it?

--
mattc908
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Bios
That is not a Windows Vista issue, it is a BIOS issue since the
operating system is not running at that time.

Try another keyboard.
If the keyboard is USB, try a PS2 keyboard.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"mattc908" <mattc908.2znj30@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I installed Vista on an older computer and the BIO's stopped
> working,
> not literally like everytime the computer reboots it automatically
> loads
> vista, but I need it to boot from a CD. When the computer starts it
> says
> F2 for Bios configuration, I press F2 and eventully tried to spam it
> after a couple of attempts. Nothing I tried all the F keys and
> delete.
> Nothing, Vista loads fine but I need it to boot form a CD for a
> project
> Im working on. Any setting in vista that might be able to accomplish
> it?
>

> --
> mattc908

Re: Bios

"mattc908" <mattc908.2znj30@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I installed Vista on an older computer and the BIO's stopped working,
> not literally like everytime the computer reboots it automatically loads
> vista, but I need it to boot from a CD. When the computer starts it says
> F2 for Bios configuration, I press F2 and eventully tried to spam it
> after a couple of attempts.

Try hitting F2 repeatedly from the moment you turn the system on
until either BIOS setup starts or Vista starts to load.

Tom Lake

Steve Thackery

Re: Bios
At risk of making a silly suggestion, I've been caught out in the same way
by a little annoyance in the Microsoft range of keyboards.

The function keys don't work until you press 'F-lock'.

Could this be your problem?

SteveT

Tom Lake

Re: Bios

"Steve Thackery" <thack@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> At risk of making a silly suggestion, I've been caught out in the same way
> by a little annoyance in the Microsoft range of keyboards.
>
> The function keys don't work until you press 'F-lock'.
>
> Could this be your problem?

Oh yeah! I was caught by that when I got my first keyboard
with F-Lock on it. The newer MS keyboards retain the last state
of F-Lock even after power down so I never think about it anymore.

Tom Lake

mattc908

Re: Bios

Unfortanetly, its a laptop and all keyboards/the keyboard fused into it
doesn't work. Ill call the manufacture and see what they have to say.

--
mattc908