Vista Premium freezes when signing in to windows

JJ

Vista Premium freezes when signing in to windows
Im have a new Dell Insperion 531 an was shipped with everything already
installed. I installed Windows Live OneCare. I have been spending the last 18
days talking on the phone to the so called tech support with DEll and find no
solution. They have went in to my desktop 3 times an changed some things,
what I don't really know cause Im not a tech. Last friday a tech did a PC
Restore back to factory shipped settings an no luck. Everytime it freezes on
sign in I have to take it back to last Known good configeration an then I
lose all the updates for Window Live OneCare. Is this a problem with Vista or
Dell. I keep getting the RUNAROUND from Dell so if there are any MVPs with
ideas that would help I would really thank you. I have 4gig memory an an
Invida 6100 card. I feel Dell is trying to let the 21 day return policy run
out with me by not solving the problem.
Malke

Re: Vista Premium freezes when signing in to windows
JJ wrote:
> Im have a new Dell Insperion 531 an was shipped with everything already
> installed. I installed Windows Live OneCare. I have been spending the last 18
> days talking on the phone to the so called tech support with DEll and find no
> solution. They have went in to my desktop 3 times an changed some things,
> what I don't really know cause Im not a tech. Last friday a tech did a PC
> Restore back to factory shipped settings an no luck. Everytime it freezes on
> sign in I have to take it back to last Known good configeration an then I
> lose all the updates for Window Live OneCare. Is this a problem with Vista or
> Dell. I keep getting the RUNAROUND from Dell so if there are any MVPs with
> ideas that would help I would really thank you. I have 4gig memory an an
> Invida 6100 card. I feel Dell is trying to let the 21 day return policy run
> out with me by not solving the problem.

Uninstall Windows Live OneCare. Does that solve the problem? If yes,
don't reinstall it - get your money for it back. Install a better
antivirus such as NOD32, Kaspersky, or even Avast if you want a free
one, The built-in Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are adequate for
most people.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers