RunDLL Error

Gilb

RunDLL Error
Hi. I'm after a bit of advice. A while ago I installed and later
uninstalled a programme as the administrator in Vista. Now when I log in as
the administrator, I immediately get and error message "Error loading
C:\PROGRA~2\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registra tion_7.4.30.2.sxt The
specified module could not be found."

I can acknowledge this message and there are no problems, but I'd rather
eliminate this alltogether. I believe I have to delete the entry from the
registry, but I'm being cautious and would like some advice from someone who
knows what they're doing. Do I simply go into the Registry Editor and delete
the whole Kodak folder from HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Or should I delete a specific
item?

Any help will be very much appreciated.
JJW48

RE: RunDLL Error

"Gilb" wrote:

> Hi. I'm after a bit of advice. A while ago I installed and later
> uninstalled a programme as the administrator in Vista. Now when I log in as
> the administrator, I immediately get and error message "Error loading
> C:\PROGRA~2\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registra tion_7.4.30.2.sxt The
> specified module could not be found."
>
> I can acknowledge this message and there are no problems, but I'd rather
> eliminate this alltogether. I believe I have to delete the entry from the
> registry, but I'm being cautious and would like some advice from someone who
> knows what they're doing. Do I simply go into the Registry Editor and delete
> the whole Kodak folder from HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Or should I delete a specific
> item?
>
> Any help will be very much appreciated.

Hello
I've encountered exactly the same issue. I'm a little angry because I only
installed Kodak EasyShare because the "Getting Started Guide" to the Kodak
Digital Picture Frame I received as a gift specify that the software should
be installed before you do anything else. Nonsense. The EasyShare software
is totally unnecessary. Again, any help would be much appreciated by me too.
Thanks.
JJW48

RE: RunDLL Error
I have a solution, that worked for me anyway. Since I had installed (then
removed) Kodak EasyShare so recently, I decided to run System Restore,
choosing a point just before I installed this problem causing software. It
worked. I hope this helps others.

"JJW48" wrote:

> "Gilb" wrote:
>
> > Hi. I'm after a bit of advice. A while ago I installed and later
> > uninstalled a programme as the administrator in Vista. Now when I log in as
> > the administrator, I immediately get and error message "Error loading
> > C:\PROGRA~2\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registra tion_7.4.30.2.sxt The
> > specified module could not be found."
> >
> > I can acknowledge this message and there are no problems, but I'd rather
> > eliminate this alltogether. I believe I have to delete the entry from the
> > registry, but I'm being cautious and would like some advice from someone who
> > knows what they're doing. Do I simply go into the Registry Editor and delete
> > the whole Kodak folder from HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Or should I delete a specific
> > item?
> >
> > Any help will be very much appreciated.

> Hello
> I've encountered exactly the same issue. I'm a little angry because I only
> installed Kodak EasyShare because the "Getting Started Guide" to the Kodak
> Digital Picture Frame I received as a gift specify that the software should
> be installed before you do anything else. Nonsense. The EasyShare software
> is totally unnecessary. Again, any help would be much appreciated by me too.
> Thanks.

joecruel is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: RunDLL Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilb View Post
Hi. I'm after a bit of advice. A while ago I installed and later
uninstalled a programme as the administrator in Vista. Now when I log in as
the administrator, I immediately get and error message "Error loading
C:\PROGRA~2\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registra tion_7.4.30.2.sxt The
specified module could not be found."

I can acknowledge this message and there are no problems, but I'd rather
eliminate this alltogether. I believe I have to delete the entry from the
registry, but I'm being cautious and would like some advice from someone who
knows what they're doing. Do I simply go into the Registry Editor and delete
the whole Kodak folder from HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Or should I delete a specific
item?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Okay I spent most of my day on this. Digging thru Windows error logs and such - corrected other issues along the way but, I was still getting a very similar error "Error loading
C:\PROGRA~3\Kodak\EasyShareSetup\$REGIS~1\Registra tion_7.4.30.2.sxt" or close enough - as a RUNDLL popup upon login to my new computer running Vista64. Mainly, I found 2 active Tasks within my Windows Vista Task Scheduler. These tasks were designed to be sure you registered, I would guess. One was setup as a one time only and the other was setup for a 14 day or something similar. Not sure which one was causing the login pop up probably the one time only. I didnt really care though I had already received a confirmation of registration from performing the task at install. I deleted these Scheduled Tasks and I no longer receive the unecessary pop up for a process that no longer existed.

Last edited by joecruel : 03-14-2009 at 05:03.

spyguy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: RunDLL Error
I think joecruel has the right solution. It appears to be caused by a sloppy uninstall procedure from Kodak that leaves this item in the Task Scheduler. For those who aren't aware of the Scheduler, do the following:
  • Click "Start", right-click on "Computer" and click on "Manage"
  • In the left column, open the Task Scheduler item and click on "Task Scheduler Library"
  • Highlight the EasyShare Registration RunOnce Task entry, then select either "Disable" or "Delete" in the right-hand column.
I prefer to disable first, then if there are no problems I delete later.

Robby10 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: RunDLL Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
I think joecruel has the right solution. It appears to be caused by a sloppy uninstall procedure from Kodak that leaves this item in the Task Scheduler. For those who aren't aware of the Scheduler, do the following:
  • Click "Start", right-click on "Computer" and click on "Manage"
  • In the left column, open the Task Scheduler item and click on "Task Scheduler Library"
  • Highlight the EasyShare Registration RunOnce Task entry, then select either "Disable" or "Delete" in the right-hand column.
I prefer to disable first, then if there are no problems I delete later.
Thank you very much - with your suggestions I finally got rid of that annoying thing!

Robby10 from munich, germany