Backup error

Raelene

Backup error
Hi, I have windows vista premium on my acer desktop.
I have always saved my back up files on drive d of my hard drive and have
never had any problems until a couple of weeks ago. When the scheduled backup
tries to take place I get a warning - The file or directory is corrupted and
unreadable (0x80070570) the back up has failed. I have tried running it when
not scheduled and the same thing happens. It worries me that I cannot do a
back up as I have had to use it often to solve problems with media centre.
If some one can PLEASE help me it would be great!
John Hanley

Re: Backup error
Just a thought...Is your drive D: part of your main hard drive? Some
computer manufacturers allocate a partition on the main hard drive to be a
Recovery drive; in such a case, that drive is not intended or recommended to
be a Backup destination and may give errors. On the other hand, if your
Drive D is a separate external hard drive, that would be a different issue,
and one I am not familiar with.

"Raelene" <Raelene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have windows vista premium on my acer desktop.
> I have always saved my back up files on drive d of my hard drive and have
> never had any problems until a couple of weeks ago. When the scheduled
> backup
> tries to take place I get a warning - The file or directory is corrupted
> and
> unreadable (0x80070570) the back up has failed. I have tried running it
> when
> not scheduled and the same thing happens. It worries me that I cannot do a
> back up as I have had to use it often to solve problems with media centre.
> If some one can PLEASE help me it would be great!

Raelene

Re: Backup error
Hi John, yes the d drive is part of my hard drive. Thank you for your reply.
I think I might have to invest in an external hard drive.
Do you have any idea what size external hard drive I would be best getting
just for backups? If I delete the things backed up already on the d drive
will this affect my computer?