Turn off "replace wireless mouse batter" alert

Jukie

Turn off "replace wireless mouse batter" alert
My wireless mouse batteries are new, but there is a chip out of the plastic
case which makes the battery cover come off more easily than it should. I
think this is the reason for the constant alert which I cannot disable. The
mouse works fine and I'll be able to figure out on my own when I need to
replace the batteries.
Richard Urban

Re: Turn off "replace wireless mouse batter" alert
A piece of tape to hold the battery cover in place???

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Jukie" <Jukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My wireless mouse batteries are new, but there is a chip out of the
> plastic
> case which makes the battery cover come off more easily than it should. I
> think this is the reason for the constant alert which I cannot disable.
> The
> mouse works fine and I'll be able to figure out on my own when I need to
> replace the batteries.

Jukie

Re: Turn off "replace wireless mouse batter" alert
We've done that. The battery cover seems to be very securely in place.
Another development is that ever since this mouse business, when I open Media
Center, it minimizes on its own. I have to hurry and do a couple of
functions at a time before it minimizes it. I just bring it up again and
it's fine, but it's a pain.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> A piece of tape to hold the battery cover in place???
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "Jukie" <Jukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My wireless mouse batteries are new, but there is a chip out of the
> > plastic
> > case which makes the battery cover come off more easily than it should. I
> > think this is the reason for the constant alert which I cannot disable.
> > The
> > mouse works fine and I'll be able to figure out on my own when I need to
> > replace the batteries.

Dave T.

Jukie wrote:
> My wireless mouse batteries are new, but there is a chip out of the plastic
> case which makes the battery cover come off more easily than it should. I
> think this is the reason for the constant alert which I cannot disable. The
> mouse works fine and I'll be able to figure out on my own when I need to
> replace the batteries.

You might play with the location of the receiver. A weak signal is
sometimes interpreted by the machine as a weak battery.

--
Dave T.

I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.