Vista Freezing

dtcar

Vista Freezing
Im having a problem like a lot of other people. I have being trying to find
an answer in the forums but have not.
While I'm surfing the net, all of a sudden my computer will freeze up. The
mouse will move the arrow around but when I click nothing happens. I know its
not the mouse, I can hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open up a box with several
options such as, Log Off, Switch Users, Task Manager, and a couple more
options that I cant remember. I will click on task manager and it will flash
like it's going to open then disappears but no task manager. I click on start
and the only thing that will come up is Windows update, Set Defaults, and one
other option that I cant remember . No Programs, Documents, Settings, Search,
Help or Run. At the top of the page on my toolbars, File, Edit, View,
Favorites, and Help is gone also. So I end up hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete again
and chose to log off. When it starts back up everything is back, task manager
working and no problems.
My System is a: Inspiron 531,Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (2.60GHz, 512Kx2), 320GB
Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive (7200RPM),16X DVD+/-RW Drive, Vista Home Premium from
the factory, I have had it about 3 weeks and it has froze up about 10 times
already. Im not sure if I need to add anything else that it came with. Thanks
for anyone's help!
tater930

RE: Vista Freezing
I am having the the same problem just when i leave my computer on for awhile
to go answer the phone etc. etc. it freezes up cant do anything with, I cant
even get the arrow or log off or anything else. I have to shut it down by the
tower, MY computer is the same as yours

"dtcar" wrote:

> Im having a problem like a lot of other people. I have being trying to find
> an answer in the forums but have not.
> While I'm surfing the net, all of a sudden my computer will freeze up. The
> mouse will move the arrow around but when I click nothing happens. I know its
> not the mouse, I can hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open up a box with several
> options such as, Log Off, Switch Users, Task Manager, and a couple more
> options that I cant remember. I will click on task manager and it will flash
> like it's going to open then disappears but no task manager. I click on start
> and the only thing that will come up is Windows update, Set Defaults, and one
> other option that I cant remember . No Programs, Documents, Settings, Search,
> Help or Run. At the top of the page on my toolbars, File, Edit, View,
> Favorites, and Help is gone also. So I end up hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete again
> and chose to log off. When it starts back up everything is back, task manager
> working and no problems.
> My System is a: Inspiron 531,Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (2.60GHz, 512Kx2), 320GB
> Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive (7200RPM),16X DVD+/-RW Drive, Vista Home Premium from
> the factory, I have had it about 3 weeks and it has froze up about 10 times
> already. Im not sure if I need to add anything else that it came with. Thanks
> for anyone's help!

dtcar

RE: Vista Freezing
I still have no answers, if you find one, will you let me know and I will do
the same!!!!!