shut down problem

Ricky

shut down problem
hello,pls help,thks.I encounter the problem sometimes but not always,when i
shut down my notebook,then screen show logging off and keep on showing this
more than 5 mins.Then i've no choice but to use the button to off the
power.Can anyone give me a hand?
JKenny

RE: shut down problem
Can anyone help with this?
I am having the exact same problem. I shut down and it logs off and then
stays on the "Windows is shutting down" screen forever. I have to power off
using the power button.
Then when I restart it goes into safety mode. It shut down fine from safety
mode.
Also, when I leave it for a while instead of going into "sleep" mode it will
shutdown completely and then I get error reports that windows shut down
unexpectedly.
Can anyone figure this out?

"Ricky" wrote:

> hello,pls help,thks.I encounter the problem sometimes but not always,when i
> shut down my notebook,then screen show logging off and keep on showing this
> more than 5 mins.Then i've no choice but to use the button to off the
> power.Can anyone give me a hand?

AmyAllen

RE: shut down problem

"JKenny" wrote:

> Can anyone help with this?
> I am having the exact same problem. I shut down and it logs off and then
> stays on the "Windows is shutting down" screen forever. I have to power off
> using the power button.
> Then when I restart it goes into safety mode. It shut down fine from safety
> mode.
> Also, when I leave it for a while instead of going into "sleep" mode it will
> shutdown completely and then I get error reports that windows shut down
> unexpectedly.
> Can anyone figure this out?
>
> "Ricky" wrote:
>
> > hello,pls help,thks.I encounter the problem sometimes but not always,when i
> > shut down my notebook,then screen show logging off and keep on showing this
> > more than 5 mins.Then i've no choice but to use the button to off the
> > power.Can anyone give me a hand?

AmyAllen

RE: shut down problem
my problem is that when i go to shut down there is a warning icon and i cant
work out what it is telling me! Then when I next turn on my computer it says
it has not shut down properly and restarts in safety mode! Can anyone tell me
what the warning icon is for? Its a small orange shield with a black
exclamation mark! Thanks

"JKenny" wrote:

> Can anyone help with this?
> I am having the exact same problem. I shut down and it logs off and then
> stays on the "Windows is shutting down" screen forever. I have to power off
> using the power button.
> Then when I restart it goes into safety mode. It shut down fine from safety
> mode.
> Also, when I leave it for a while instead of going into "sleep" mode it will
> shutdown completely and then I get error reports that windows shut down
> unexpectedly.
> Can anyone figure this out?
>
> "Ricky" wrote:
>
> > hello,pls help,thks.I encounter the problem sometimes but not always,when i
> > shut down my notebook,then screen show logging off and keep on showing this
> > more than 5 mins.Then i've no choice but to use the button to off the
> > power.Can anyone give me a hand?

AmyAllen

RE: shut down problem
I also have a notebook! If thats any help!

"AmyAllen" wrote:

> "JKenny" wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help with this?
> > I am having the exact same problem. I shut down and it logs off and then
> > stays on the "Windows is shutting down" screen forever. I have to power off
> > using the power button.
> > Then when I restart it goes into safety mode. It shut down fine from safety
> > mode.
> > Also, when I leave it for a while instead of going into "sleep" mode it will
> > shutdown completely and then I get error reports that windows shut down
> > unexpectedly.
> > Can anyone figure this out?
> >
> > "Ricky" wrote:
> >
> > > hello,pls help,thks.I encounter the problem sometimes but not always,when i
> > > shut down my notebook,then screen show logging off and keep on showing this
> > > more than 5 mins.Then i've no choice but to use the button to off the
> > > power.Can anyone give me a hand?

Scott

RE: shut down problem
I have the same problem with my laptop. I can't get a solution from anyone.
Does anyone know what we can do about it?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Scott

"AmyAllen" wrote:

> my problem is that when i go to shut down there is a warning icon and i cant
> work out what it is telling me! Then when I next turn on my computer it says
> it has not shut down properly and restarts in safety mode! Can anyone tell me
> what the warning icon is for? Its a small orange shield with a black
> exclamation mark! Thanks
>
> "JKenny" wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help with this?
> > I am having the exact same problem. I shut down and it logs off and then
> > stays on the "Windows is shutting down" screen forever. I have to power off
> > using the power button.
> > Then when I restart it goes into safety mode. It shut down fine from safety
> > mode.
> > Also, when I leave it for a while instead of going into "sleep" mode it will
> > shutdown completely and then I get error reports that windows shut down
> > unexpectedly.
> > Can anyone figure this out?
> >
> > "Ricky" wrote:
> >
> > > hello,pls help,thks.I encounter the problem sometimes but not always,when i
> > > shut down my notebook,then screen show logging off and keep on showing this
> > > more than 5 mins.Then i've no choice but to use the button to off the
> > > power.Can anyone give me a hand?

Jeremy

RE: shut down problem
I have had the same problem with my notebook. I have even let it run the
shutdown screen overnight with no change and have had to hold the button down
to turn it off. Are there any fixes for this?

"Ricky" wrote:

> hello,pls help,thks.I encounter the problem sometimes but not always,when i
> shut down my notebook,then screen show logging off and keep on showing this
> more than 5 mins.Then i've no choice but to use the button to off the
> power.Can anyone give me a hand?

iMush

Re: shut down problem

I have this problem when attempting to log off or restart my Vista
laptop and had to result in pressing the off button.

--
iMush
Nonny

Re: shut down problem
On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:36:09 -0500, iMush <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>I have this problem when attempting to log off or restart my Vista
>laptop and had to result in pressing the off button.

Another post without a quote of the reply from Brink's site.
tanuj_chadha

Re: shut down problem

there may be some application which may be causing the issue. Try to do
a msconfig, disable all the services (except the Microsoft services) &
the startup items. And then try to shutdown the system. If it still
fails then run a scan through hijack this & clean the system. Once its
done try to shut down.

--
tanuj_chadha