My Vista is very slow

Amit lohia

My Vista is very slow
Hi,
Recently i have puchased DELL core 2 duo 2 GB ram with Windows vista. But
the vista is very slow in response. and even the boot time and shutdown time
is very much. Can u please help. ?
Paul Smith

Re: My Vista is very slow
"Amit lohia" <Amit lohia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Recently i have puchased DELL core 2 duo 2 GB ram with Windows vista. But
> the vista is very slow in response. and even the boot time and shutdown
> time
> is very much. Can u please help. ?

Start by uninstalling the stuff that Dell installed on the system.

I installed Windows Vista on a Core Solo 1.2Ghz CPU last week, with an
extremely slow 4800 RPM 1.8 inch drive and it really flies, much faster than
I was expecting.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Kirk C.

Re: My Vista is very slow
Hi,

Before uninstalling anything, you may want to turn off Windows Aero, and
change your thme to Vista Basic mode. This can and will enhance your
computer's performance (Right-click the desktop->personalize->Windows colors
and appearance->more options->select Vista basic theme).

If nothing else works, restart your computer into safe mode (F8 before
windows boots), then restart your system in normal mode.

I hope this helps. I do not believe uninstalling factory installed software
from your computer manufacturer is needed. Good luck.

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> "Amit lohia" <Amit lohia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Recently i have puchased DELL core 2 duo 2 GB ram with Windows vista. But
> > the vista is very slow in response. and even the boot time and shutdown
> > time
> > is very much. Can u please help. ?

> Start by uninstalling the stuff that Dell installed on the system.
>
> I installed Windows Vista on a Core Solo 1.2Ghz CPU last week, with an
> extremely slow 4800 RPM 1.8 inch drive and it really flies, much faster than
> I was expecting.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/blog/
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

brink

Re: My Vista is very slow

Amit lohia;498365 Wrote:
> Hi,
> Recently i have puchased DELL core 2 duo 2 GB ram with Windows vista.
> But
> the vista is very slow in response. and even the boot time and shutdown
> time
> is very much. Can u please help. ?

Hi Amit lohia,

You might try some of these tips to help improve the performance of
Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81...nce-vista.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Mark

RE: My Vista is very slow
Hi the best thing to do is to send the machione back to dell and insist on XP
being installed or buying XP PRO and UPGRADING your dell to an operating
system which works

"Amit lohia" wrote:

> Hi,
> Recently i have puchased DELL core 2 duo 2 GB ram with Windows vista. But
> the vista is very slow in response. and even the boot time and shutdown time
> is very much. Can u please help. ?

skunksmash

Re: My Vista is very slow

u need more ram mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
skunksmash

E2180 @ 3.2ghz
arctic cooler pro 775
5GB pc5300 @ 801mhz
Asus P5K premium
160GB seagate 7200
coloursit 600w psu
PNY 8800GT 512mb
Mark

Re: My Vista is very slow
I don't think so, I already have 4GB and 3200 CPU and vista is still steam
driven even in the most basic of modes which makes me think that what is the
point, XP works is proven has drivers which work for pritty much
everything.... need i say more apart from it is sub standard rubbish

"skunksmash" wrote:

> u need more ram mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> --
> skunksmash
>
> E2180 @ 3.2ghz
> arctic cooler pro 775
> 5GB pc5300 @ 801mhz
> Asus P5K premium
> 160GB seagate 7200
> coloursit 600w psu
> PNY 8800GT 512mb

skunksmash

Re: My Vista is very slow

oh i see in the top post it only states 2gb :sarc::sarc:

--
skunksmash

E2180 @ 3.2ghz
arctic cooler pro 775
5GB pc5300 @ 801mhz
Asus P5K premium
160GB seagate 7200
coloursit 600w psu
PNY 8800GT 512mb
C.B.

Re: My Vista is very slow

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi the best thing to do is to send the machione back to dell and insist on
> XP
> being installed or buying XP PRO and UPGRADING your dell to an operating
> system which works
>
> "Amit lohia" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Recently i have puchased DELL core 2 duo 2 GB ram with Windows vista. But
>> the vista is very slow in response. and even the boot time and shutdown
>> time
>> is very much. Can u please help. ?

Mark,

It seems apparent, judging by your numerous posts trashing Vista, that
you are having problems getting your Vista OS to perform correctly. Why
don't you drop the negativism and ask someone in these discussion groups for
help solving your problems?

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged
and less fortunate among us.

> I don't think so, I already have 4GB and 3200 CPU and vista is still steam
> driven even in the most basic of modes which makes me think that what is
> the
> point, XP works is proven has drivers which work for pritty much
> everything.... need i say more apart from it is sub standard rubbish
>
> "skunksmash" wrote:
>

>> u need more ram mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

>> --
>> skunksmash
>>
>> E2180 @ 3.2ghz
>> arctic cooler pro 775
>> 5GB pc5300 @ 801mhz
>> Asus P5K premium
>> 160GB seagate 7200
>> coloursit 600w psu
>> PNY 8800GT 512mb

Mark,

I think you should drop your continuous and unabated criticisms of
Vista and seek the assistance of knowledgeable people. When you do nothing
but trash the OS you are having problems mastering, you are putting yourself
in the position whereby nobody is going to want to help you overcome your
problems.
I genuinely feel that once you understand Vista and how to use it you
will be extremely pleased with the results. Your manner of comments is akin
to eating in a restaurant and then telling the waiter the food "tastes like
****". Do you expect them to help you in any way? Do you expect them to want
you to return in the future?
Why are you having problems? What problems are you having? You should
start by telling us when you bought your system and whether or not Vista was
preinstalled on it, what version of Vista it is, whether or not your
computer still contains all the crapware that came with it, whether or not
you have upgraded from the factory OS and if so did you do an upgrade or
clean install, how many drives you have and how they are formatted and a
list of all the hardware and software installed on your system, including
the version numbers, etc, etc, etc.
Is all your software Vista compatible? Have you loaded all the newest
drivers? What's your pagefile size? Is your processor single core, dual core
or quad core? Which applications start at bootup? Do you have any security
software that is interfering with your system? Do you have any "maintenance"
or "cleaner" software interfering with your system? Do you have multiple
anti-spy or antivirus programs running at the same time, and if so are they
all running "real time" protection? Do you have any malware infections on
your system?
The list could go on and on and on and on. The more knowledgeable
people in these discussion groups can solve just about all your problems if
you politely ask them for help and provide the necessary details they need
in order to troubleshoot your problems.

C.B.