I need help with my settings

Katie

I need help with my settings
Somehow, everything on my computer is bigger. The start menu, toobar, time,
icons and everything I open is just bigger. I have absolutly no idea how to
change it back to the way it was. It happened when I downloaded and bought a
game and when I played it full screen, after that everything is hugh and its
VERY annoying...please someone help
Axel Göller

Re: I need help with my settings
Katie typed:
> Somehow, everything on my computer is bigger. The start menu, toobar,
> time, icons and everything I open is just bigger. I have absolutly no
> idea how to change it back to the way it was. It happened when I
> downloaded and bought a game and when I played it full screen, after
> that everything is hugh and its VERY annoying...please someone help

Hi Katie,
the first thing you should do: check the setting of the resolution of your
monitor.
Therefore you open the system control panel and look for the subitem "screen
resolution". Set the resolution to the appropriate value for your screen.
Better now?
Axel

CB

"Axel Göller" wrote:

> Katie typed:
> > Somehow, everything on my computer is bigger. The start menu, toobar,
> > time, icons and everything I open is just bigger. I have absolutly no
> > idea how to change it back to the way it was. It happened when I
> > downloaded and bought a game and when I played it full screen, after
> > that everything is hugh and its VERY annoying...please someone help

> Hi Katie,
> the first thing you should do: check the setting of the resolution of your
> monitor.
> Therefore you open the system control panel and look for the subitem "screen
> resolution". Set the resolution to the appropriate value for your screen.
> Better now?
> Axel
>
> Open system control panel and look for the subitem "screen resolution"? That's a new one for me. Right click on your desktop and select properties. Select Display Settings and then check your Resolution setting. If it is not correct you can change it.

Have a nice day.

C.B.
Axel Göller

Re: I need help with my settings
CB typed:
>> Open system control panel and look for the subitem "screen
>> resolution"? That's a new one for me.

So, learn 3 things:

-) Post with a real name. Anonymous postings are not welcome.
-) Learn more about the possibilities of your computer.
-) Get familiar with the fact that there are different languages in this
world. If I should have choosen the wrong vocabular, try to make use of the
so-called "common sense".

Axel

CB

"Axel Göller" wrote:

> CB typed:
> >> Open system control panel and look for the subitem "screen
> >> resolution"? That's a new one for me.

> So, learn 3 things:
>
> -) Post with a real name. Anonymous postings are not welcome.
> -) Learn more about the possibilities of your computer.
> -) Get familiar with the fact that there are different languages in this
> world. If I should have choosen the wrong vocabular, try to make use of the
> so-called "common sense".
>
> Axel
>
> I cannot learn what I already know.

l. C.B. is my real name. Is there something wrong with my name? Does it
offend you? Do you think I should change my name? I will consider changing it
if it will please you.
2. I have been using computers since 1980. I don't need someone like you to
tell me how to operate computers. I have four of them at home but I manage to
do OK.
3. I am very familiar with the fact there are many languages in this world.
If you wish for someone to take your advice you must state what country you
are from since the majority of posters are from the U.S. How do you expect
someone in America or other countries to heed your advice when your advice
does not match what they are looking at on their computers?
4. I have an abundance of common sense and my common sense tells me that
your response to my post is based upon incorrect assumptions. As for the
original poster, you shouldn't expect someone to search for something that is
not there. In any event, common sense will not ascertain that someone has
used incorrect vocabulary.

Does your hostility come naturally or did you have to work on it for a long
time? Your condescending attitude is neither necessary nor desired.

Have a nice day.

C.B.
peter

Re: I need help with my settings
Actually its under Control Panel/personalization/display settings
peter
"Axel Göller" <agoeller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Katie typed:
>> Somehow, everything on my computer is bigger. The start menu, toobar,
>> time, icons and everything I open is just bigger. I have absolutly no
>> idea how to change it back to the way it was. It happened when I
>> downloaded and bought a game and when I played it full screen, after
>> that everything is hugh and its VERY annoying...please someone help

> Hi Katie,
> the first thing you should do: check the setting of the resolution of your
> monitor.
> Therefore you open the system control panel and look for the subitem
> "screen resolution". Set the resolution to the appropriate value for your
> screen.
> Better now?
> Axel

Whitney Harber

Re: I need help with my settings
Now that we know how to change the screen resolution, how do we decrease the
overall size of the display? The resolution is set to the highest degree yet
the screen seems to be stretched like a wide-screen movie; my pictures are
distorted.

Anyone?

"peter" wrote:

> Actually its under Control Panel/personalization/display settings
> peter
> "Axel Göller" <agoeller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Katie typed:
> >> Somehow, everything on my computer is bigger. The start menu, toobar,
> >> time, icons and everything I open is just bigger. I have absolutly no
> >> idea how to change it back to the way it was. It happened when I
> >> downloaded and bought a game and when I played it full screen, after
> >> that everything is hugh and its VERY annoying...please someone help

> > Hi Katie,
> > the first thing you should do: check the setting of the resolution of your
> > monitor.
> > Therefore you open the system control panel and look for the subitem
> > "screen resolution". Set the resolution to the appropriate value for your
> > screen.
> > Better now?
> > Axel

Malke

Whitney Harber wrote:
> Now that we know how to change the screen resolution, how do we decrease the
> overall size of the display? The resolution is set to the highest degree yet
> the screen seems to be stretched like a wide-screen movie; my pictures are
> distorted.

If your display looks wrong, you probably have it set to the wrong
resolution for your monitor. LCD monitors have a native resolution which
gives the best display. Refer to your monitor's manual for its native
resolution if you have an LCD. If you have a CRT monitor, normal
resolutions are:

1024 x 768
1280 x 1024
1600 x 1200

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
mikeyhsd

Re: I need help with my settings
possibly you have a wide screen monitor and not using the correct drivers for it.
also there is usually a native resolution and refresh rate recommended for the monitor.
all these have to by in sync.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com