Need help before I throw laptop

Alan

Need help before I throw laptop
I have been promising myself a laptop for years so I went and bought a
Samsung NP-R40 with all the software anyone could ever need or use. This
was great until 3 months down the line when most of the software had to be
paid for as it was all on 3 months free after that I had to buy. I spent a
fortune upgrading and getting the latest programs available and everything
was great again for another couple of months. Then for some reason the
laptop started to be very slow sometimes to slow to even open a web site. I
used to open my internet provider’s web page and I could go and make a cup of
tea and come back and it still wasn’t loaded. Its not just the internet its
any program on the computer that wont open for about 10 min.
I have two 50GB drives and one is empty (D) but my C drive has 49GB on it.
My documents folder is 12GB and all other programs on the C drive add up to
3GB but I cant find the other 34GB. I need help because I have work info on
my laptop and its imposable to use. I thought about wiping the laptop and
installing software again but then I will have to download all upgrades and
software I have added.

Help please
Regards
Alan

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Need help before I throw laptop
Create a folder on your D drive and drag files from your Documents folder
into the new folder on D. This will get you some immediate space on C.

Next, use the Disk Cleanup program in your System Tools folder to clear out
unnecessary files. Do NOT check every box in Disk Cleanup. The default
checked boxes will be fine. Click on the More Options tab, and opt to remove
all but the last restore point.

If your drive is really full, this process may take a few minutes to
complete. Restart the computer after completing the above.

If even with more space available, your laptop is still being intransigent,
post again here with the problem encountered.

--
Mike Hall - MVP
Posting Productively.. http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been promising myself a laptop for years so I went and bought a
> Samsung NP-R40 with all the software anyone could ever need or use. This
> was great until 3 months down the line when most of the software had to be
> paid for as it was all on 3 months free after that I had to buy. I spent a
> fortune upgrading and getting the latest programs available and everything
> was great again for another couple of months. Then for some reason the
> laptop started to be very slow sometimes to slow to even open a web site.
> used to open my internet provider’s web page and I could go and make a cup
> of
> tea and come back and it still wasn’t loaded. Its not just the internet
> its
> any program on the computer that wont open for about 10 min.
> I have two 50GB drives and one is empty (D) but my C drive has 49GB on it.
> My documents folder is 12GB and all other programs on the C drive add up
> 3GB but I cant find the other 34GB. I need help because I have work info
> on
> my laptop and its imposable to use. I thought about wiping the laptop and
> installing software again but then I will have to download all upgrades
> and
> software I have added.
>
> Help please
> Regards
> Alan

Alan

Re: Need help before I throw laptop
Thankyou i will try and get back to you if still stuck