Making a program startup when computer turns on

Bope

Making a program startup when computer turns on
Just a quick question how do i get a program to satrt up by itslef when my
comp turn on?
PaulB

RE: Making a program startup when computer turns on
Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder (C:/Users/<Your user
name>/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup.
You must select show hidden files to see the Appdata folder.
--
Paul

"Bope" wrote:

> Just a quick question how do i get a program to satrt up by itslef when my
> comp turn on?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Making a program startup when computer turns on
Or, even easier, right click on the Start Orb and select "Open All Users" and
paste your shortcut into the desired folder.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder (C:/Users/<Your user
> name>/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup.
> You must select show hidden files to see the Appdata folder.
> --
> Paul
>

> "Bope" wrote:
>
>> Just a quick question how do i get a program to satrt up by itslef when my
>> comp turn on?

Bope

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Or, even easier, right click on the Start Orb and select "Open All Users" and
> paste your shortcut into the desired folder.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder (C:/Users/<Your user
> > name>/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup.
> > You must select show hidden files to see the Appdata folder.
> > --
> > Paul
> >

> > "Bope" wrote:
> >
> >> Just a quick question how do i get a program to satrt up by itslef when my
> >> comp turn on?

> Thanks alot both of u guys.

Bope

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Or, even easier, right click on the Start Orb and select "Open All Users" and
> paste your shortcut into the desired folder.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder (C:/Users/<Your user
> > name>/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup.
> > You must select show hidden files to see the Appdata folder.
> > --
> > Paul
> >

> > "Bope" wrote:
> >
> >> Just a quick question how do i get a program to satrt up by itslef when my
> >> comp turn on?

> Ok wait i can't find any of those things and i just realized i think i'm in a windows vista thing and i ahve windows xp

PaulB

Re: Making a program startup when computer turns on
It's just as easy in XP.
Go to C:/Documents and Settings/<Your User Name>/ Start Menu/Programs/Startup
and put your program shortcuts there.
--
Paul

"Bope" wrote:

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
> > Or, even easier, right click on the Start Orb and select "Open All Users" and
> > paste your shortcut into the desired folder.
> >

> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
> > GO BEARS!
> >

> > "PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Put a shortcut to it in the startup folder (C:/Users/<Your user
> > > name>/Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup.
> > > You must select show hidden files to see the Appdata folder.
> > > --
> > > Paul

> > Ok wait i can't find any of those things and i just realized i think i'm in a windows vista thing and i ahve windows xp

Bope

Re: Making a program startup when computer turns on
Alright thanks alot