Windows photo gallery

Chutney Ferret

Windows photo gallery
I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
is blank and there are no options as there should be.

any ideas??

thanks.

steve.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows photo gallery
Hi Steve,

When was the problem first seen..Did you run a registry cleaner lately?

--
Regards,

"Chutney Ferret" <Branstons@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uyzvubKGIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
is blank and there are no options as there should be.

any ideas??

thanks.

steve.

four40

Re: Windows photo gallery
Helo!
I`ve the same problem - no import option
I do run CCleaner and Free Registry Cleaner all the time.
How to resolve this problem?
Please Help

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> When was the problem first seen..Did you run a registry cleaner lately?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Chutney Ferret" <Branstons@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uyzvubKGIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
> gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
> is blank and there are no options as there should be.
>
> any ideas??
>
> thanks.
>
> steve.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows photo gallery
My guess is that the registry cleaner you use may have wiped out one or more registry keys (GUID or associated AppID data) related to WPG Import dialog. Does the registry cleaner you use has an "undo" feature?

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> When was the problem first seen..Did you run a registry cleaner lately?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Chutney Ferret" <Branstons@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uyzvubKGIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
> gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
> is blank and there are no options as there should be.
>
> any ideas??
>
> thanks.
>
> steve.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows photo gallery
Also, may I have the link for the "Free Registry Cleaner" program you use?

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> When was the problem first seen..Did you run a registry cleaner lately?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Chutney Ferret" <Branstons@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uyzvubKGIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
> gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
> is blank and there are no options as there should be.
>
> any ideas??
>
> thanks.
>
> steve.

four40

RE: Windows photo gallery
Helo
I`ve the same problem. I do run CCleaner and Free Registry Cleaner. How to
resolve this problem?
Please help

"Chutney Ferret" wrote:

> I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
> gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
> is blank and there are no options as there should be.
>
> any ideas??
>
> thanks.
>
> steve.

four40

Re: Windows photo gallery
Hi
There are the links for CCleaner and Free Registry Cleaner:
http://www.ccleaner.com/
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_...ry_cleaner.htm
There is no "undo" option in any of this program.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Also, may I have the link for the "Free Registry Cleaner" program you use?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message news:uutUgIjGIHA.700@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> My guess is that the registry cleaner you use may have wiped out one or more registry keys (GUID or associated AppID data) related to WPG Import dialog. Does the registry cleaner you use has an "undo" feature?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "four40" <four40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520A54BB-3E92-400F-8331-74CB1A540A36@microsoft.com...
> Helo!
> I`ve the same problem - no import option
> I do run CCleaner and Free Registry Cleaner all the time.
> How to resolve this problem?
> Please Help
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > When was the problem first seen..Did you run a registry cleaner lately?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Chutney Ferret" <Branstons@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uyzvubKGIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
> > gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
> > is blank and there are no options as there should be.
> >
> > any ideas??
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > steve.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows photo gallery
Okie. will test them and post back later.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Also, may I have the link for the "Free Registry Cleaner" program you use?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message news:uutUgIjGIHA.700@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> My guess is that the registry cleaner you use may have wiped out one or more registry keys (GUID or associated AppID data) related to WPG Import dialog. Does the registry cleaner you use has an "undo" feature?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "four40" <four40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520A54BB-3E92-400F-8331-74CB1A540A36@microsoft.com...
> Helo!
> I`ve the same problem - no import option
> I do run CCleaner and Free Registry Cleaner all the time.
> How to resolve this problem?
> Please Help
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > When was the problem first seen..Did you run a registry cleaner lately?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Chutney Ferret" <Branstons@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uyzvubKGIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
> > gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
> > is blank and there are no options as there should be.
> >
> > any ideas??
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > steve.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows photo gallery
It's not the registry cleaners, as I tested both and can't replicate the problem. Try this:

Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Also, may I have the link for the "Free Registry Cleaner" program you use?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message news:uutUgIjGIHA.700@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> My guess is that the registry cleaner you use may have wiped out one or more registry keys (GUID or associated AppID data) related to WPG Import dialog. Does the registry cleaner you use has an "undo" feature?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "four40" <four40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520A54BB-3E92-400F-8331-74CB1A540A36@microsoft.com...
> Helo!
> I`ve the same problem - no import option
> I do run CCleaner and Free Registry Cleaner all the time.
> How to resolve this problem?
> Please Help
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > When was the problem first seen..Did you run a registry cleaner lately?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Chutney Ferret" <Branstons@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uyzvubKGIHA.4956@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > I have a problem with changing the import options in the windows photo
> > gallery. when i select the options and go to the import tab, the whole tab
> > is blank and there are no options as there should be.
> >
> > any ideas??
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > steve.

four40

Re: Windows photo gallery
Thanks for your advice Ramesh but sfc/scannow command doesn`t help :-(
Verification stops on 85% and there is a signature: "Windows resource
protection could not perform the requested operation".
Of course import tab in Windows Photo Gallery is still blank :-(
Regards