Boot Up Problems - Help !!

K206b

Boot Up Problems - Help !!
I used to have XP then upgraded to Vista and now I have problems booting up.
I will try to boot up and my system will try to shut down and reboot 2 or 3
times before it finally goes to my start up screen .
brink

Re: Boot Up Problems - Help !!

K206b;495002 Wrote:
> I used to have XP then upgraded to Vista and now I have problems booting
> up.
> I will try to boot up and my system will try to shut down and reboot 2
> or 3
> times before it finally goes to my start up screen .

Hi K206b,

You might try doing a Startup Repair to see if it will fix your problem
for you. This tutorial will show you how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html

If this does not help you, then this tutorial will show you how to do a
clean install with a upgrade version of Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...l-upgrade.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Dwarf

Re: Boot Up Problems - Help !!
Hi K206b,

In addition to Brink's post, if you refer to my post 'Clean Install Windows
Vista Using Upgrade Media' in the newsgroup 'Windows Vista Installation and
Setup' (dated 9/21/2007), you will find detailed instructions which you might
like to print out for referal during the procedure.
Dwarf

"brink" wrote:

> K206b;495002 Wrote:
> > I used to have XP then upgraded to Vista and now I have problems booting
> > up.
> > I will try to boot up and my system will try to shut down and reboot 2
> > or 3
> > times before it finally goes to my start up screen .

> Hi K206b,
>
> You might try doing a Startup Repair to see if it will fix your problem
> for you. This tutorial will show you how.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html
>

> If this does not help you, then this tutorial will show you how to do a
> clean install with a upgrade version of Vista.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...l-upgrade.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")

K206b

Re: Boot Up Problems - Help !!
Dwarf, can you send me a link to your post "Clean Install Windows Vista Using
Upgrade Media " ??

"Dwarf" wrote:

> Hi K206b,
>
> In addition to Brink's post, if you refer to my post 'Clean Install Windows
> Vista Using Upgrade Media' in the newsgroup 'Windows Vista Installation and
> Setup' (dated 9/21/2007), you will find detailed instructions which you might
> like to print out for referal during the procedure.
> Dwarf
>
> "brink" wrote:
>

> > K206b;495002 Wrote:
> > > I used to have XP then upgraded to Vista and now I have problems booting
> > > up.
> > > I will try to boot up and my system will try to shut down and reboot 2
> > > or 3
> > > times before it finally goes to my start up screen .

> > Hi K206b,
> >
> > You might try doing a Startup Repair to see if it will fix your problem
> > for you. This tutorial will show you how.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html
> >

> > If this does not help you, then this tutorial will show you how to do a
> > clean install with a upgrade version of Vista.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...l-upgrade.html
> >
> > Shawn
> >

> > --
> > brink
> >
> > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
> > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Dwarf

Re: Boot Up Problems - Help !!
Hi K206b,

Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...allation_setup

Dwarf

"K206b" wrote:

> Dwarf, can you send me a link to your post "Clean Install Windows Vista Using
> Upgrade Media " ??
>
> "Dwarf" wrote:
>
> > Hi K206b,
> >
> > In addition to Brink's post, if you refer to my post 'Clean Install Windows
> > Vista Using Upgrade Media' in the newsgroup 'Windows Vista Installation and
> > Setup' (dated 9/21/2007), you will find detailed instructions which you might
> > like to print out for referal during the procedure.
> > Dwarf

> > > Hi K206b,
> > >
> > > You might try doing a Startup Repair to see if it will fix your problem
> > > for you. This tutorial will show you how.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html
> > >

> > > If this does not help you, then this tutorial will show you how to do a
> > > clean install with a upgrade version of Vista.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...l-upgrade.html
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Dwarf

Re: Boot Up Problems - Help !!
Hi K206b