Control Panel Category View gone...

how do I get this back?

Bob
Rick Rogers

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
Hi,

If you are in Classic view, click on the link (on the left) for Control
Panel Home.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

<robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
> how do I get this back?
>
> Bob

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
I don't have a link for Control Panel Home. It just shows "Classic View" on
the left.

Bob

> Hi,
>
> If you are in Classic view, click on the link (on the left) for Control
> Panel Home.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> <robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
>> how do I get this back?
>>
>> Bob

Rick Rogers

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
Hi,

Are you running the UI in Vista mode or Classic?

--

>I don't have a link for Control Panel Home. It just shows "Classic View"
>on the left.
>
> Bob

>> Hi,
>>
>> If you are in Classic view, click on the link (on the left) for Control
>> Panel Home.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> <robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> how do I get this back?
>>>
>>> Bob

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
Stupid question - how do I know the difference?

Robert

> Hi,
>
> Are you running the UI in Vista mode or Classic?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> <robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
>>I don't have a link for Control Panel Home. It just shows "Classic View"
>>on the left.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If you are in Classic view, click on the link (on the left) for Control
>>> Panel Home.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Rick Rogers

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
Hi,

Appearance would tell you, but right click the desktop and choose
personalize, then click on themes.

--

> Stupid question - how do I know the difference?
>
> Robert

>> Hi,
>>
>> Are you running the UI in Vista mode or Classic?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> <robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
>>>I don't have a link for Control Panel Home. It just shows "Classic View"
>>>on the left.
>>>
>>> Bob

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
OK, I do that, and it shows "Windows Vista," but the control panel only has
"Classic View" available - no "Control Panel Home."

Robert

> Hi,
>
> Appearance would tell you, but right click the desktop and choose
> personalize, then click on themes.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> <robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Stupid question - how do I know the difference?
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are you running the UI in Vista mode or Classic?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Rick Rogers

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
Hi,

Can you use the snipping tool and send a screen shot of what you are seeing?
Save as a .png and send to me via email with a subject line of 'per req'.

--

> OK, I do that, and it shows "Windows Vista," but the control panel only
> has "Classic View" available - no "Control Panel Home."
>
> Robert

>> Hi,
>>
>> Appearance would tell you, but right click the desktop and choose
>> personalize, then click on themes.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> <robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Stupid question - how do I know the difference?
>>>
>>> Robert

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
On its way.

Robert

> Hi,
>
> Can you use the snipping tool and send a screen shot of what you are
> seeing? Save as a .png and send to me via email with a subject line of
> 'per req'.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> <robertwnielsen_8@msn.com> wrote in message
>> OK, I do that, and it shows "Windows Vista," but the control panel only
>> has "Classic View" available - no "Control Panel Home."
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Appearance would tell you, but right click the desktop and choose
>>> personalize, then click on themes.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Rick Rogers

Re: Control Panel Category View gone...
Hi,

I'm unable to replicate the issue, but some additional questions:

- Have you tried resetting defaults under tools/folder options?
- What happens when you click on the 'Category' column header?