constant problem

tralialia

constant problem

I bought a new computer with vista x64 and get constant erors, wich say,
that programs i've been runing just stop working. and 50% of files,
downloaded from internet just won't open (system sais, that the file is
corrupt). I made three partitions on my hard drive: 1 vista, 2 win xp, 3
data saving; but files, downloaded with vista just won't oper or unpack.
And when I used vista my xp partition won't load.
:cry:

I have no idea what to do. Maybe i could get an advise where should i
start. If I should check my hardware, maybe you could tell me what
programs to use or give me a link to some other site

Thank tou

--
tralialia
Rick Rogers

Re: constant problem
Hi,

> I bought a new computer with vista x64 and get constant erors, wich say,
> that programs i've been runing just stop working.

Specifically, what do they say? What programs are they? Was x64 Vista
already installed or did you add it to a system preinstalled with XP?

> and 50% of files, downloaded from internet just won't open (system sais,
> that the file is
> corrupt).

Is this in both XP and Vista? What sort of files?

> I made three partitions on my hard drive: 1 vista, 2 win xp, 3
> data saving; but files, downloaded with vista just won't oper or unpack.
> And when I used vista my xp partition won't load.

So, am I to assume that you wiped out whatever came preinstalled and just
loaded your own retail versions? Please explain what you did. Also, was it
doing this from the get-go or did the errant behavior start after everything
worked fine for awhile?

> I have no idea what to do. Maybe i could get an advise where should i
> start. If I should check my hardware, maybe you could tell me what
> programs to use or give me a link to some other site

Checking hardware with software is only part of that job, you need to
isolate the problem before you try to cure it. What you describe sounds more
like a software issue anyways. More information and background would be
useful.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"tralialia" <tralialia.2z0x7b@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> :cry:
>

> Thank tou
>

> --
> tralialia

tralialia

Re: constant problem

I bought computer without preinstalled OS. I installed vista x64 and
installed drivers which came with computer, then downloaded latest
drivers from internet.
When I turn on computer, windows sidebar crashes (I get the message,
that it had to close and options: to reopen or close). when i download
files and then try to open them system says, that file is sorrupted. The
same is with downloaded archives, and usually, when I try to open them
winrar says: CRC failed, the file is corrupt, although the archive
suppose to be fine. and it happens in windows xp as well.
After using vista x64, I thought I don't know which programs to use in
x64, but after repartitioning hard drive and installing xp, I have the
same problem.
After using xp for some time, I turned on vista, and I can no longer
open xp. It just craches during startup. Green screen appeares with
something written and restarts emediately.

My computer is
Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.4 Hz
Intel Desktop board DG33BU
4096 Mb RAM
Samsung 400 Gb HD
NVidia Geforce 8500GT

Errors I get

Description
Service Admin Works Agent X8 hung on starting.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: ServiceHang
Service Name: AWService
Image Name: awServ.exe"
Image Version: 0.0.0.0
Service Type: 110
Start Type: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Description
This program might not have installed correctly

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PCA2
Problem Signature 01: daemon410-x64.exe
Problem Signature 02: 4.10.0.0
Problem Signature 03: DAEMON Tools Setup
Problem Signature 04: DAEMON Tools
Problem Signature 05: DT Soft Ltd.
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: 200
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Gothic3.exe
Application Version: 1.7.25755.0
Application Timestamp: 00002ad9
Fault Module Name: d3dx9_29.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdf8
Exception Code: c0000135
Exception Offset: 0006f1d1
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9d13
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 9d13
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

--
tralialia
Rick Rogers

Re: constant problem
Hi,

Have you run a memory diagnostic on this system yet?

--

"tralialia" <tralialia.2z2sk0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I bought computer without preinstalled OS. I installed vista x64 and
> installed drivers which came with computer, then downloaded latest
> drivers from internet.
> When I turn on computer, windows sidebar crashes (I get the message,
> that it had to close and options: to reopen or close). when i download
> files and then try to open them system says, that file is sorrupted. The
> same is with downloaded archives, and usually, when I try to open them
> winrar says: CRC failed, the file is corrupt, although the archive
> suppose to be fine. and it happens in windows xp as well.
> After using vista x64, I thought I don't know which programs to use in
> x64, but after repartitioning hard drive and installing xp, I have the
> same problem.
> After using xp for some time, I turned on vista, and I can no longer
> open xp. It just craches during startup. Green screen appeares with
> something written and restarts emediately.
>
> My computer is
> Intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.4 Hz
> Intel Desktop board DG33BU
> 4096 Mb RAM
> Samsung 400 Gb HD
> NVidia Geforce 8500GT
>

> Errors I get
>
> Description
> Service Admin Works Agent X8 hung on starting.
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: ServiceHang
> Service Name: AWService
> Image Name: awServ.exe"
> Image Version: 0.0.0.0
> Service Type: 110
> Start Type: 2
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
> Locale ID: 1033
>

> Description
> This program might not have installed correctly
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: PCA2
> Problem Signature 01: daemon410-x64.exe
> Problem Signature 02: 4.10.0.0
> Problem Signature 03: DAEMON Tools Setup
> Problem Signature 04: DAEMON Tools
> Problem Signature 05: DT Soft Ltd.
> Problem Signature 06: 1
> Problem Signature 07: 200
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
> Locale ID: 1033
>

> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: Gothic3.exe
> Application Version: 1.7.25755.0
> Application Timestamp: 00002ad9
> Fault Module Name: d3dx9_29.dll
> Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdf8
> Exception Code: c0000135
> Exception Offset: 0006f1d1
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 9d13
> Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
> Additional Information 3: 9d13
> Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
>

> --
> tralialia

tralialia

Re: constant problem

all memory tests I ran on my computer say that everything is ok. But
it's kindof difficult to run a program, when you downloaded, but can't
install.

Maybe anybody knows any program to test hard disk and hdd fat?

--
tralialia
Rick Rogers

Re: constant problem
Hi,

Any drive manufacturer should be able to provide you with a bootable utility
to test the hard drive. Most have them available as a download on thier
site.